WARNING: DO NOT USE TRADE IN PROGRAM WITH VERIZON - NEW CUSTOMER/CURRENT CUSTOMER BEWARE
kjk117
Enthusiast - Level 1

A few weeks ago there was a promotion active where if you traded in a phone, EVEN WHEN SELECTING A CRACKED SCREEN, you were told you'd receive $550. I turned in a phone, with no damage, and was sent this in an email stating its only worth $113 as there was a "better qualifying promotion found" even though no credits were given to my account. THIS IS A SCAM! They will inform you about it once your return date has passed. Stay away from Verizon and I really hope new customers find this one day. What a shame for such a large company.

Trade-in details

Submission Date:07-17-2020

Submission ID:84746673962***

Order number:4290***

Location code:1434***

Make/Model:Apple Apple iPhone 8 64GB in Space Gray

Device ID submitted:354889096410***

Estimated trade-in value:$550.00

Final trade-in value:$113.00

Adjustment reasons:Better qualifying promotion found
Re: WARNING: DO NOT USE TRADE IN PROGRAM WITH VERIZON - NEW CUSTOMER/CURRENT CUSTOMER BEWARE
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We'd be happy to help look into this more with you. Getting the value for your phone is simply essential. We'll be sending you a Private Message to get started.

ZakC_VZW

0 Likes
Re: WARNING: DO NOT USE TRADE IN PROGRAM WITH VERIZON - NEW CUSTOMER/CURRENT CUSTOMER BEWARE
kjk117
Enthusiast - Level 1

They post this to help discourage others from thinking this isn't a scam. Verizon mistreats their employees, service people, and normal customers. I am shocked that this company still holds a mediocre BBB rating. 

Verizon support, you can see clearly that I was jipped. Calling in was pointless too as I've been transferred back to the main queue when I was promised "someone who can help me further on this issue as they do not have the power to do anything".

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

kjk177, you have our deepest and sincerest apologies for any miscommunications. I truly regret to hear that you're unhappy with our service. Anytime one of our customers feels this way, we take it personally and to come to a resolution and keep our relationship going for years to come. We value your business and loyalty to us along with it not being our intention to leave you with an unpleasant experience.

Please be on the lookout for a Private Message from us. 

-TakendraW_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Momto12
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am just trying to find a list of current trade-ins because the search function never gives a value.  I came across your post, you have evidence is there a reason why you have not considered a class action?  Classaction.org will help you get started.  I am just trying to find a list of phone trade-in values as I have several phones at my disposal.  But all I see are stories like yours.  I think a few screenshots of current, similar experiences would be sufficient to start a class action.  Many are active over much smaller complaints than yours!

0 Likes