WARNING!!! Verizon Trade-in is a MESS!!!
flywithdream

Folks, last December we switched from T-mobile to Verizon and they have the promotion to trade in your iphone to get credits (for iphone 6s, the credit is $350 and for iphone XR, the credit is $800), so we decided to trade in 1 Iphone 6S and 2 Iphone XR, I packaged 3 phones, took photos of the box and phones and the UPS shipping labels, shipped them on Dec 13th, 2021, and then the nightmare happens. I checked UPS tracking everyday and finally it shows all 3 packages were delivered on Dec 20th, 2021, then I called Verizon support on Dec 20th and they told me they have received all phones and please be patient, the credits will be applied to your account in 1

0 Likes
Re: WARNING!!! Verizon Trade-in is a MESS!!!
flywithdream

Folks, last December we switched from T-mobile to Verizon and they have the promotion to trade in your iphone to get credits (for iphone 6s, the credit is $350 and for iphone XR, the credit is $800), so we decided to trade in 1 Iphone 6S and 2 Iphone XR, all of them in perfect working conditions, I packaged 3 phones, took photos of the box and phones and the UPS shipping labels, shipped them on Dec 13th, 2021, and then the nightmare happens. I checked UPS tracking everyday and finally it shows all 3 packages were delivered on Dec 20th, 2021, then I called Verizon support on Dec 20th and they told me they have received all phones and please be patient, the credits will be applied to your account in 1-2 billing cycled, so I wait and wait and wait, finally this week the 2nd bill come out. To my surprise, I only got $10 credit to my account instead of 800+800+350=1950, I contacted Verizon and now they told me they only received two Iphones instead of three, I showed them all three UPS tracking number and proof of delivery on UPS website, the answer is: we received one box but it is EMPTY. Then I asked what about the two Iphones you guys received, what about them? The answer is for the Iphone 6S, the final trade-in value is $10, and for the Iphone XR, the final trade-in value is $0, good deal. I have asked them to open an investigation ticket 7701011, let's see what happen next, I have been trade-in old phones on other providers dozens of times, this is the most amazing experience I have ever have

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

First and foremost, we thank you for choosing Verizon as your family's wireless service provider. We certainly don't want you to regret having made that decision. As a valued customer your account concerns are our concerns too.

We want you to enjoy our promotional offers, widh include the Device Trade-In Program.  I'd be disappointed too if I haven't receive my device trade-in credits. Typically, that process may take up to two billing cycles to begin receiving the credits.

May I ask if you've received the Submission ID's for your traded in devices? -Robert C.

0 Likes
flywithdream

ups tracking proof of delivery.pngHi, Robert,

Iphone 6S submission ID: 214641883079920

Iphone XR white submission ID: 214182916933899 

Iphone XR black Submission ID:253697980523281  (this is the missing one, they can't find the sumission id for this iphone so they asked me to create a new one, but the phone has been shipped on Dec 20th, 2021, see the attached imageIphone XR black shipping label.png

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for sharing the screenshot and for providing the  Submission ID's. You can review the results on our Terade-In Resource Center at https://www.verizon.com/od/trade-in/checkStatus#/.

We've also noted your reference about the UPS Return Tracking Label Number (1Z096V4Y0671138848) you've shared with our team. We visited UPS's website at www.ups.com/track to view the status:

Robert C.

0 Likes
flywithdream

I clicked the link in the above reply and provide my name and phone number, wait for someone to reply

0 Likes
flywithdream

Status update, last week from someone from Verizon helped me create a claim with UPS to track the lost trade-in phone, then I got this email said Verizon has cancelled my service, contact Verizon now to find out what's going on? I don't think I did anything wrong, is it some kind of punishment?

0 Likes
flywithdream

account terminated email.png

0 Likes