Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
WARNING!!! Verizon Trade-in is a MESS!!!
flywithdream

Folks, last December we switched from T-mobile to Verizon and they have the promotion to trade in your iphone to get credits (for iphone 6s, the credit is $350 and for iphone XR, the credit is $800), so we decided to trade in 1 Iphone 6S and 2 Iphone XR, I packaged 3 phones, took photos of the box and phones and the UPS shipping labels, shipped them on Dec 13th, 2021, and then the nightmare happens. I checked UPS tracking everyday and finally it shows all 3 packages were delivered on Dec 20th, 2021, then I called Verizon support on Dec 20th and they told me they have received all phones and please be patient, the credits will be applied to your account in 1

0 Likes
Re: WARNING!!! Verizon Trade-in is a MESS!!!
flywithdream

Folks, last December we switched from T-mobile to Verizon and they have the promotion to trade in your iphone to get credits (for iphone 6s, the credit is $350 and for iphone XR, the credit is $800), so we decided to trade in 1 Iphone 6S and 2 Iphone XR, all of them in perfect working conditions, I packaged 3 phones, took photos of the box and phones and the UPS shipping labels, shipped them on Dec 13th, 2021, and then the nightmare happens. I checked UPS tracking everyday and finally it shows all 3 packages were delivered on Dec 20th, 2021, then I called Verizon support on Dec 20th and they told me they have received all phones and please be patient, the credits will be applied to your account in 1-2 billing cycled, so I wait and wait and wait, finally this week the 2nd bill come out. To my surprise, I only got $10 credit to my account instead of 800+800+350=1950, I contacted Verizon and now they told me they only received two Iphones instead of three, I showed them all three UPS tracking number and proof of delivery on UPS website, the answer is: we received one box but it is EMPTY. Then I asked what about the two Iphones you guys received, what about them? The answer is for the Iphone 6S, the final trade-in value is $10, and for the Iphone XR, the final trade-in value is $0, good deal. I have asked them to open an investigation ticket 7701011, let's see what happen next, I have been trade-in old phones on other providers dozens of times, this is the most amazing experience I have ever have

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

First and foremost, we thank you for choosing Verizon as your family's wireless service provider. We certainly don't want you to regret having made that decision. As a valued customer your account concerns are our concerns too.

We want you to enjoy our promotional offers, widh include the Device Trade-In Program.  I'd be disappointed too if I haven't receive my device trade-in credits. Typically, that process may take up to two billing cycles to begin receiving the credits.

May I ask if you've received the Submission ID's for your traded in devices? -Robert C.

0 Likes
flywithdream

ups tracking proof of delivery.pngHi, Robert,

Iphone 6S submission ID: 214641883079920

Iphone XR white submission ID: 214182916933899 

Iphone XR black Submission ID:253697980523281  (this is the missing one, they can't find the sumission id for this iphone so they asked me to create a new one, but the phone has been shipped on Dec 20th, 2021, see the attached imageIphone XR black shipping label.png

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Thank you for sharing the screenshot and for providing the  Submission ID's. You can review the results on our Terade-In Resource Center at https://www.verizon.com/od/trade-in/checkStatus#/.

We've also noted your reference about the UPS Return Tracking Label Number (1Z096V4Y0671138848) you've shared with our team. We visited UPS's website at www.ups.com/track to view the status:

Robert C.

0 Likes
flywithdream

I clicked the link in the above reply and provide my name and phone number, wait for someone to reply

0 Likes
flywithdream

Status update, last week from someone from Verizon helped me create a claim with UPS to track the lost trade-in phone, then I got this email said Verizon has cancelled my service, contact Verizon now to find out what's going on? I don't think I did anything wrong, is it some kind of punishment?

0 Likes
flywithdream

account terminated email.png

0 Likes