WHY wont you provide a way for cell phone blocking of the cursed SPAM callers or legislation to shut down robo-calls and phony caller id?
TRH51
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am disgusted totally with the way spam callers have been given total license via robo-calling to call anyone, whether they are on the government list or not. Its also disgusting that someone invented a caller-id scrambler that makes it even harder to stop calls. But utmost in my list is why we cant block any amount of caller number besides the PALTRY FIVE numbers VZW does allow to be manually blocked by a lengthy login process.
To me there should be companies championing a fight to put a total stop to robo-calls and scramble caller-id, at least the scrambled caller-id thing should be outlawed.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: WHY wont you provide a way for cell phone blocking of the cursed SPAM callers or legislation to shut down robo-calls and phony caller id?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I know how annoying those pesky unwanted calls can be. In addition to the free Call & Message Blocking, we do offer Family Base that can block all restricted and unavailable or private numbers in addition to up to 20 contacts. You can see the options we have as well as a link to be sure your number is on the National Do Not Call Registry at  http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/block-numbers/ . If you're receiving calls where the Caller ID is deliberately be falsified, please visit https://consumercomplaints.fcc.gov/hc/en-us/articles/202654304-Caller-ID-and-Spoofing to see how to file a complaint to the FCC for many of those calls.

JenniferH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

Re: WHY wont you provide a way for cell phone blocking of the cursed SPAM callers or legislation to shut down robo-calls and phony caller id?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You could subscribe to the Family Base feature and have more blocking options.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
missdawn41
Enthusiast - Level 2

Looking for an answer myself! It's crazy how many junk calls I get and it just keeps getting worse! So done with it Smiley Sad

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I know how annoying those pesky unwanted calls can be. In addition to the free Call & Message Blocking, we do offer Family Base that can block all restricted and unavailable or private numbers in addition to up to 20 contacts. You can see the options we have as well as a link to be sure your number is on the National Do Not Call Registry at  http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/block-numbers/ . If you're receiving calls where the Caller ID is deliberately be falsified, please visit https://consumercomplaints.fcc.gov/hc/en-us/articles/202654304-Caller-ID-and-Spoofing to see how to file a complaint to the FCC for many of those calls.

JenniferH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

TRH51
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thats encouraging info. The one bad part is that the blessed 'donotcall' list does not work with robo-callers. It seems that if these spammer I.T. idiot can develop a caller-if falsifier, then they can also be MADE by law to develop and use a program that injects the 'donotcall' list into any and all robo-callers.
As for the complaint filing agains false caller id suppliers - the list is endless. I have even had spam companies send out my own name and telephone number twice now, as well as sending out false id numbers showing tele numbers in my nnx (856-889) thinking I will jump at the call for it surely might be someone i know.

So the blog should add in 'GOOD ANSWER' since its not technically a totally 'end of story' correct answer. but it WAS a good answer you provided. As soon as I get over a current Cancer situation, I will look into those options

0 Likes
thebluesdoctor
Enthusiast - Level 1

Download Mr Number from the Google play store. It blocks spam calls.

L88
Enthusiast - Level 1

The do not call list is a joke.  The FTC needs to block these known criminals and cell companies need to protect their customers for these scammers.  I shouldn't have to keep paying protection money.

Re: WHY wont you provide a way for cell phone blocking
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

These type of calls are a major inconvenience and we can certainly review the best options to help with this situation. We will be asking a couple of questions to better assist you. When did this issue with these calls begin? Have you recently added your number on any website? MonicaG_VZW

0 Likes
Mercam--
Enthusiast - Level 1

I totally agree!!! Our Verizon service should protect us from these annoying calls. AND they should not charge us extra for the service!

0 Likes