Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
WORST Experience for porting in
naveenm123

Hi,

I tried to port in my 7 lines from ATT to Verizon and take new iPhone 7+ for all the lines. I was able to get approved and successfully place PRE orders for all of them by phone. After few days I called Verizon to change the color of the phones from jet black to black as jet black was taking a long time to ship. Customer rep told me that they have to cancel my order and reorder them again. I was fine with that and he successfully cancelled them. The rep told me that he will give me a call once the orders get cancelled in their system. I did not receive any call for 2 days. So I tried calling them and after a long wait I was finally able to talk to a real person. After a long hold again, sales rep transferred me to fraud prevention team and the lady on the other side was very rude and told me that my account got flagged and cannot continue moving further and hung up on me. I need to wait for 6 months or have prepaid service.

This is really horrible. I was approved and have a credit check on my ssn and after all the process they decided not to continue with my order. I do have an excellent credit history.

Worst customer service and worst system with fraud prevention team. I will never become a Verizon customer. Verizon missed a good customer with 7 lines.

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: WORST Experience for porting in
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Naveenm123I’m so sad to learn of your experience. I’m so surprised about the lack of compassion and support you received. Our customers are very important to us, and I’m sorry we failed you. Security is very important to us but I’m confident we could have handled this much better. We would appreciate the opportunity to turn this around and welcome you to our VZW family. 

DeloresK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Naveenm123I’m so sad to learn of your experience. I’m so surprised about the lack of compassion and support you received. Our customers are very important to us, and I’m sorry we failed you. Security is very important to us but I’m confident we could have handled this much better. We would appreciate the opportunity to turn this around and welcome you to our VZW family. 

DeloresK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
naveenm123

Thank you very  much for giving reply to my concern. I would like to take a chance and give Verizon one more opportunity to get my business. If you would consider this and take a look at my application and check to see what is missing and let me know so that we can move to Verizon and be a happy customer.

Thanks

0 Likes
Ann154
MVP MVP
MVP

Have you considered purchasing the phones in the store?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
naveenm123

I tried in store for doing pre order, but store rep told me that he cannot do 7 lines in one account for port in. He needs 2 ssns to do that. So i dis not proceed doing that in store.

Thanks

0 Likes
ptaicell

Similar experience without phone service for a week and line is used for business. 2nd line finally also had issues porting and then was completely down for 4 days, taking repeated calls with over 1hr on hold each time to tech support and 3 agents saying there was nothing they could do until 4th agent was finally able to fix. Still can't get through to billing after 6 months for appropriate credit... charged for 3 months for additional line that was never ported over from Att&t.  After many days and hours on hold with customer service, billing rep. said they couldn't do anything in their system and that I had to go back to Costco kiosk to get credit only to have Costco kiosk rep. say they have nothing to do with Verizon billing. Still haven't received $500 e-credits for transferring from At&t.  So regret transfer.  Transferring back to At&t where you can speak with responsive live agents in reasonable time.   

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We want your transition into the Verizon Wireless family to go smoothly, ptaicell. Were any reasons provided as to why the numbers could not be ported over? Was there missing information on either end? Can you tell us more about the $500 e-credits as well?

-Marshall

0 Likes