Waiting for Activation message appears after restoring iPhone.
jenger
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hello!

I recently restored my iPhone and now it will not connect to any network towers. It keeps saying that I have no service when I usually always do. And it only allows me to connect to wifi. Any suggestions on what to do?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Waiting for Activation message appears after restoring iPhone.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Jenger
That's very odd! Let's get this phone up and running. Please power it off then on and retest. If it doesn't come back try a full restore again.

JoeL_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

jenger
Enthusiast - Level 2

Alrighty, so I've done both of those things and it still is not working. Whenever I try to do a full restore, it'll say that it's connected to the 3G network and shows how many bars I have, but after 5 seconds, it goes away and the "iPhone is not Activated" message shows up. It now only shows me that I have signal, but it won't say that I'm connected/activated to the network.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Jenger, thank you so much for trying that out for us. This does seem a little odd to me. I would love to make sure we get you up and running with no issues. Do you have the most current iTunes downloaded on the computer? What I would try to do is try to place the phone into recovery mode through iTunes. The way you can complete this is by powering the phone off all the way. Have the USB plugged into the computer. Plug the device into the USB charger while you are pressing and holding the home button. Keep that home button held down until it pops up on iTunes that "iTunes has detected an iPhone in recovery mode. You must restore this iPhone before it can be used with iTunes". then you will press on Ok, and then Tap on Restore iPhone, then select "Restore and Update" Please keep us posted.

KevinR_VZW

jenger
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes, I have downloaded the most current version of iTunes and I've also updated the software. I've also done what was instructed by restoring my iPhone once more, but the result remains the same. It shows how much signal I have, but it says that the network is not available.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for replying jenger! I'm sure we can get to the bottom of this. I would like to check the account. Please accept my follow request and send me a private message.

JoeL_VZW

jenger
Enthusiast - Level 2

I don't think I received a follow request, but I sent you one, I think. I'm just not sure what the problem is because my phone is activated but it still says that it's not and it still will not let me connect to the network. I am currently downloading a new version of iTunes, seeing if I need to update any software, and will try to do another restore to see if it changes anything.

0 Likes