Waiting for Activation
jenger
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi!

My phone has been giving me problems. I restored it and now it will not connect to the Verizon network. I've done everything that I've been asked to do by the support team and it is still not working. I thought that suspending my service and then reconnecting it would help, but it didn't. The "Waiting for Activation" message still shows up. Is there a way for Verizon to fix this problem? I've been without service for about a month now and nothing seems to work. I honestly don't know what else to do at this point. Is it possible for  Verizon to reactivate the phone for me? It will not allow me to do so and I've also had this phone for over a year and have never had this problem before. Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Waiting for Activation
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi jenger! I'm sorry to see that you were experiencing issues while activating your phone and I hope that it is now active. Please keep in mind that this is a peer to peer forum and while our Social Media team monitors the posts, the best way to get immediate assistance for critical issues (such as phone activations) is to call 800-922-0204 from a different line to troubleshoot the device, or send us a message on twitter at @VZWSupport at your convenience.

AntonioC_VZW Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/VZWSupport

View solution in original post

SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

What kind of phone do you have?  Is wifi enabled?  If so, try disabling wifi, restart the phone, and try the activation again.

Check network settings (if available) and be sure it is set to LTE/CDMA - a restore or reset sometimes sets it to GLOBAL.

More specific steps can be given if we know what phone you have...Basic, 3G, 4G....

0 Likes
jenger
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi SuzyQ, I have an iPhone 4S if that's helpful.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Jenger,

Lets get your iPhone 4s activated! Have you called the activation line by dialing *228 (send) and then selecting option 1 to actvate the phone? If you get an error message when calling that number please take note of it and let us know what it says. Also, if it does not activate your phone let us know your zip code so we can check coverage in your area. Your phone must be able to connect to a Verizon Wireless tower to activate, and so if you're in our Extended Network we may need you to go to a different location.

SarahO_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
jenger
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi!

I have tried calling *228 before and I've done it again just to see if anything changed, but it still tells me that they are unable to program my phone. The error message says "iPhone is not Activated. Contact your Carrier if this problem continues to occur." My zipcode is 28214. I've had this phone for a while and I've restored it a good number of times and I'm not sure what went wrong this time around.

0 Likes
Not applicable
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi jenger! I'm sorry to see that you were experiencing issues while activating your phone and I hope that it is now active. Please keep in mind that this is a peer to peer forum and while our Social Media team monitors the posts, the best way to get immediate assistance for critical issues (such as phone activations) is to call 800-922-0204 from a different line to troubleshoot the device, or send us a message on twitter at @VZWSupport at your convenience.

AntonioC_VZW Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/VZWSupport

so0manyvrznproblems
Enthusiast - Level 1

I called this number: "We have sent you a text. Please click the text to continue"

Of course my phone can't receive texts, that's the problem...

I held for operator, after 25 min, it dropped me. 2x

0 Likes
so0manyvrznproblems
Enthusiast - Level 1

OK, the workoaround for Verizon incompetent UI:

when you call 0204, ignore their voice prompts,   click 0 then 0

KH-OrnEsh
Moderator Emeritus
Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.
0 Likes