Wanting to file a complaint about an employee at local store
JROLL33
Enthusiast - Level 1

My girlfriend and i went to our local Verizon store in Fuquay Varina to look at upgrading her phone since her contract is up on Jan. 18th, 2017. We had been online looking at phones where the Verizon website was prompting us to upgrade. We would get past selecting a phone, a plan, etc. and the website would eventually give us an "Oops" error message. So, we decided to just go to the store instead where we were assisted by Orlando. From the onset, Orlando wasn't very friendly or cordial. When we explained our purpose for visiting the store, he looked up my girlfriends account info and rudely informed us that she wasn't elegible for an upgrade. We explained that the Verizon website, and even the Verizon App on her phone, had stated she could upgrade now (only a couple of weeks early), but he very rudely kept shaking his head at us, and repeating NO, NO, NO you're wrong.

He wasn't willing to 'work with us' or even listen to what we had to say. Nor, did he even apologize for the incorrect information we had received from the website and the app on her phone. He was very disrespectful (being that he was younger than us and should show respect to his elders). But, even 'decent' customer service would apologize and attempt to make the customer feel appreciated and heard. It felt as though we were a burden by even being there and he (Orlando) having to deal with us. Yet, we weren't being loud or disruptive, but just looking for answers and understanding to our situation.

We finally just walked out of the store feeling very frustrated and extremely disappointed at the very poor customer service we had just experienced from Orlando. So much so, that my girlfriend asked that i turn around and go back to the store so she could get his name. And, once again when he spoke with my girlfriend, he was very disrepectful towards her, and kept asking 'what did i do' and 'i didn't do anything'. Again, still using a very disrepectful tone and attitude.

We felt it was important to report this to someone at Verizon but like so many others here, it appears that Verizon doesn't provide an easy mechanism for reporting complaints aboout their employees, or products. We are hopefull that Verizon will address this apparent systemic problem before they continue to lose all their customers.

Labels (1)
Re: Wanting to file a complaint about an employee at local store
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You need to complete the contract term. Any "early upgrade" offers usually also requires the current phone to be traded into Verizon Wireless.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

You always deserve the highest level of support and I apologize to both you and your girlfriend for the poor experience. There is never an excuse for this type of behavior and I want to make sure your feedback is heard. We can also take a closer look at what was happening with the online account and what steps can be taken to get you into a new phone as soon as possible. In order to offer more personalized support please reach out to us on our Facebook account at http://www.facebook.com/verizonwireless or on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/vzwsupport. I will look forward to working with you further!

YaleK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
mflandshark
Contributor - Level 3

Just because he's younger than you might be it doesn't mean anything. There are plenty of rude older instore reps as well I've had my share of bad experiences with the store location. Yes it sucks that you were working with a [Removed]; but don't bring the whole respect your elders thing into it because it probably wouldn't have mattered how much older you were than him in the first place. Some agents just don't know what customer service means.

That and he works in the store so if he seen that there was no point in upgrading, he realized there was no reason to 'help' you. he wasn't going to get his commission anyway. I understand that's how they get paid but that doesn't excuse the behavior.

Verizon Wireless

ATTN: Correspondence Team

PO Box 5029

Wallingford, CT 06492

^^that's the address you can use to send them a formal complaint.

I'm sorry you had such a bad experience with them he might have just had ZERO idea of what he was doing (which is a trend I've noticed with store reps) but that doesn't excuse his behavior. I hope if you decide to deal with that store again you can work with a better sales person.

inappropriate content removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
nicolescanlon
Enthusiast - Level 1

This is a lie of a response - I have reached out with no response back. Verizon Wireless has gone completely down hill. I want someone to contact me as soon as possible to cancel my new phone plan and have my device returned to me immediately.

Here's the update:

Hello,

I am newer customer and I am about to cancel my plan and have your company send my original trade in device back. I have recorded conversations and notes where I spoke to multiple Verizon Wireless employees telling me this was fixed over the last several months. To explain the entire story to you: I originally went in person to complete this sale, where they were going to do an even trade in for my iPhone X 256GB in perfect condition for an iPhone 11 256gb = $849.99, so a clean trade. I have the pre-sale documentation from this in person visit to back this up as well. The only reason I didn't go through with the in person purchase is because there was an online only / over phone promo going on where I would get an additional $150.00 rebate, which I also still haven't received.

So fast forward ---- Once I completed the sale over the phone back on October 6th, 2020 where the same terms and agreements were discussed and agreed upon on a recorded line, I was never sent the appropriate information to trade in my device. So I had to proceed and call 3 times to get that taken care of in the following days. Then I finally was sent the information on October 12th, 2020. I called when I saw the $236.00 immediately and spoke with a wonderful woman who told me the original sales rep did not sign me up for the appropriate plan to be able to receive the full trade in value for my phone of $849.99, so she asked if I would like to be upgraded to a higher plan in order to ensure I receive the full trade-in amount of $849.99 for my phone, I said yes. She said, until the phone was received on Verizon's behalf she could only document this in my account, but that everything would be all set and I didn't have to worry about a thing - but advised me to call back a couple of weeks after the device was sent out just to confirm there was no disconnect. She also informed me that because of how awfully mishandled I was that she would be refunding me for my activation fee, which wasn't much but it was something - this also has yet to be completed.

So fast forward here a couple of weeks --- I attempted to schedule 4 call backs with Verizon over the course of December and into January and no one called me. Finally I got on the phone with a nice gentlemen today, by calling directly and we were on the phone for over an hour while he read through all the notes and straightened this out. He told me I was absolutely right about everything I stated and he was going to take care of this for me. He then put me on hold for a moment, and I lost him. I also never received a call back, which was pretty surprising as he had asked for my call back number and I was under the impression he worked in customer service. Either way, I wait a few and didn't receive any sort of call back. So I proceed to call again… this has now been going on for almost three hours as I write this to you.

After waiting on hold I get a woman from the billing department named Rodrele on the phone who was incredibly rude to me. After I explained what happened she said well if I lose you I can't call you back and then proceeds to say, "let me put you on hold". And I quickly cut her off and said absolutely not, it took me 40 minutes to get you on the phone after already being on the phone for an hour with a previous representative please let me speak to a supervisor. She transferred me to her supervisor "Maureen" who was nothing but rude to me. She yelled at me and made up lies regardless of everything documented on my account and said she refused to help me and transferred me mid-sentence to the customer care team. I have since reported this to the nice gentlemen who picked up that transferred call and he said he was reporting those representatives for treating me that way. To be noted, I have now been on the phone with Verizon again today for almost 4 hours now. I was told by this nice gentlemen that only a manager in the customer care department could take care of this for me and that they would. That call also hung up as well and I was told I would be called back if that happen, again didn't happen. I have waiting again for about 5 minutes for him to call me back and it hasn't happened so I'm done with the phone and want all of this in writing.

To be clear, after taking a careful look at my account, Verizon owes me all of the device credits they have charged me for the new phone since I began, totaling in: $70.97, they need to stop charging me for the device going forward in any bill. Along with $150.00 rebate credit, along with $40.00 activation fee.

So a complete total of: $260.97

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We're truly disappointed to learn of your experience with us and do not want to see you go, nicolescanlon. I would be just as frustrated and can assure you we want to get to the bottom of this and ensure you are billed correctly for your device and credits. We appreciate the information you have provided and would like to take a closer look into your account. Please reply to the Private Message we have sent you. 

DanielleR_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for granting our team access to your account. We will forward your feedback about the customer service experience you had with our representative, along with the feedback you've included here, to our Leadership Team. We certainly don't want to lose you. We apologize for your inconvenience.

Thank you for being so patient. While we're reviewing the information, you've shared with our team, whom do we have the pleasure of working with today? 

0 Likes