We were lied to by Verizon store employees concerning monthly payment and increased data allowance.
cass71898
Enthusiast - Level 1

Do we have any recourse at all? We only went in to get one phone's charging jack fixed. They told us it would be a $150 charge, and they really don't do that anymore anyway. He talked my husband into upgrading two of the three phones on our plan, told us the monthly charge would go down, and that we would get 10gb of data instead of the 6gb we had. Lies, all lies. We also told them to remove the insurance charges because, what's the point? The insurance charges are still on the bill. I realize that salespeople sell things, I'm not naive, but outright lies? Terrible customer service. I won't even get into the inappropriate behavior we witnessed at the store by the employees.  I'm disgusted by the whole thing.

Labels (1)
Re: We were lied to by Verizon store employees concerning monthly payment and increased data allowance.
Weth
Legend

Your post is limited on specifics.

From the limited information you were on More Everything plan 6B with 2 lines.

That is $80 for the 6B and $40 x 2 for the phones, or $160 plus taxes and fees. Correct?

I take it they had your husband sign up for an Edge agreement on the 2 phones.

10 GB is now $80 (same as your 6B, so that is a good deal), and 2 phones at $15 per line or $30

So now your connection charges are $80+$15+$15 or $110 instead of $160. So far so good.

Now the phone themselves have payments, and that really depends on what phones you got and how much your down payment was. The good news is the 24 month cost of using the Edge plan with no down payments, actually is cheaper than getting a contract and paying more upfront.

Tell us what phones and what your edge payments are. We can then confirm if you actually did get a good deal and possibly saving you a couple hundred dollars over the 24 months.

Re: We were lied to by Verizon store employees concerning monthly payment and increased data allowance.
cass71898
Enthusiast - Level 1

We have 3 lines. 2 of them got new phones. Our old bill was $232, now it's $245.82, and we still only have 6gb. No change was made.

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

Is the third phone out of contract or still in contract?

If it is out of contract, that will be a $25 savings right there.

Plus get your 10GB of data fixed with customer service, it is the same price as 6 GB.

What other charges are you seeing to get the price from $160 to $232.

Based on what you are telling me, worst case should be

$80+$15+$15+$40+$30+$30 = $210 plus taxes, not $245

You should be able to get that bill down from what we have been told so far.

0 Likes
Gideon_70
Enthusiast - Level 1

I went to the store.  Asked for a new line.  Was told I would get a new line, my bill would go down a few dollars a month and they had a new plan....

450.00's later, I am still trying to get them to reimburse me for the LIES they told.  The bill was supposed to do DOWN, and instead, it went up about 50 a month, they never gave me the refund for the service charge as they told me THREE TIMES and TWO trips to the store, and the last rep just hung on up me.  I'm SICK of this garbage!  Do NOT get Verison Wireless, they will LIE to you to get you to do things, then flip you the middle finger when they mess you over and you complain.

Lied to
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That's not good news, Gideon! What service charge are you referring to?

StephannieP_VZW

0 Likes