Weak 3g signal at house - need booster help
MDEL60

We are in zip code 80127, and have a weak 3g signal. We need reliable signal for calls, but don’t need data. I see that boosters need to be registered with Verizon. Will we have a problem registering a booster with Verizon, or is it allowed?

thanks for your help.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Weak 3g signal at house - need booster help
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

MDEL60,

Getting a quality signal for calls while you are at home is essential, and I understand the importance of making sure you are able to use a booster if needed. You've come to the right place for help and we'd be happy to assist you with your connection concerns.

Boosters need a reliable high-speed connection, so I'd like to know more about your service at home, as this can be a great solution in itself. What kind of Internet connection are you using at home currently? What is the make and model of the device you have with us? If your device has the ability, what happens if you utilize Wi-Fi calling to complete your calls (details are shown here: http://spr.ly/6580E3W0g)? Under the header labeled "Wi-Fi Calling Setup and Use" you'll see instructions based on your device's operating system. Lastly, to ensure this is an indoor issue, how have your services been when you're outside of your residence?

Keep us in the loop with your success!

RyanCo_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
MDEL60

Thanks for your response.

We use Rise Internet, which is a tower-based internet. We use it for WiFi

calling, but the signal drops out from time to time...just for a minute or

two, but it causes dropped calls. I am interested in a booster that does

not require an internet connection, and wonder about registering these with

Verizon. Please address that issue so I know if this will be a problem.

As for outside cell signal, it measures at about -100db

Thanks for your help!

On Mon, Jan 14, 2019 at 1:30 PM vzw_customer_support <

0 Likes
steveng_vzw
Verizon Employee

We know the importance of having service at your home, MDEL60. We certainly want to help you in any way we can.

We do apologize, but we do not support any third party boosters. Only the Samsung Network Extender is the one that would work with our network, which needs an internet connection.

For most cellular services, -100db is definitely enough for stable service. Is the issue only happening when indoors? What model phone do you have?

StevenG_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
boringusername
Master - Level 1

No point in getting a 3G booster since Verizon is shutting down their CDMA network on Dec 31 this year. You need to upgrade your phone to 4G ones

0 Likes