Re: Weak signal; Verizon app to report
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

If it is only indoors it could be the construction of the building interfering with the signal.

Service isn't guaranteed inside buildings.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Jlschear

My entire neighborhood is having cell issues. Driving up the street my devices have very spotty signal if any at all.  I have to leave my neighborhood and drive for about a mile before I have decent signal.

I have an Apple iPad 2, 2 Samsung Galaxy S3, and we just got rid of an iPhone 4. Can someone look into my issues? My zip code is 30281. Contact me directly and I can give you a street address.

Thanks

0 Likes
Alexk999

I moved to a new area of town and the Verizon map shows 4G in the entire area.  However, I have only gotten 4G once and usually have 3G with 1 or 2 bars.  I went outside in my driveway and could only get 1X -99db.  I rebooted my phone and got 1X -96db and 3G  -126db.  I was at the park earlier this week and had zero signal.  I am also considering switching providers because I've put in several ticket and haven't gotten any response.  I live in 38053 and work in 38054 and have the same problem in both areas.

0 Likes
5thelement
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi,

Like many other VWZ customers, I'd love for Verizon to implement an app where we can report our GPS location and signal areas relating to calling or internet connection problems.  That's the one thing I like about AT&T.  I'm not exactly sure if they did anything with data being reported within that area, but I didn't see any improvements (or maybe it takes time since they need to get government approvals for the addition of towers?).  Both services are about the same, but I like the experience with customer service over at Verizon generally better so far (I hope I don't jinx this).  For the areas that I'm in, I definitely have been seeing improvements from Verizon.  It's overall better reception than AT&T, but there isn't much difference if you were in the city.  I don't know how much has changed with AT&T since I've left, but I live in the suburbs but still somewhat close to Boston.  I'm glad I made the switch so far.  Rarely have drop calls, though I do encounter slow service or lack of service (reception in voice/data) and would love to be able to report that as well as any dropped calls in that area. 

Wattnxt1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Verizon.  Please listen and understand that your poor coverage issues do not stem from a “zip code” sized area, but are indeed specific high-population areas that your modeling does not properly reflect real world signal results.

Please take the time to create an APP similar to ATT’s “Mark the Spot” app.  Calling customer support (from an area with no coverage??  Seriously??) is useless.  If we report here, you ask for the zip code where the issue occurred.  For more than 10 years you have been missing the point here!  

Please allow customers to use an app to drop a GPS pin within the app, and tell you what issue we had in that exact location.  Then when the user gets to coverage, the app sends you actual real GPS issues, along with the time and date stamp of when the pin was created and a selected reason for the report.

it’s REAL data Verizon can easily use to improve their network coverage.  Still boggled why Verizon can’t seem to get that through their heads?  ATT knows this and has consistently improved weak coverage spots in high usage areas that modeling and calling are FAR too time intensive and ineffective for your customers to help you retain our patronage.

ATT understood this 8 years ago and has been listening and improving g real world usage areas for customers.  As a result, ATT is now #1 on our list of carriers to dump Verizon for due to these kinds of issues that Verizon just can’t solve.  Verizon’s system of reporting and response is broken.  Not all issues are a technical difficulty, they are a network design failure.  Treating reports of ongoing poor coverage micro-zones on a zip code level is just clear confirmation that Verizon does not grasp the idea of continuous improvement; only revenue growth and some limited problem-solving.

Please give your customers the opportunity to report actionable ongoing weak coverage in a way that lets you improve the customer experience in the most effective and efficient manner!!  Use an app like “Mark the Spot” to let you know where your issues are, and solve them.

0 Likes
kh-taylarie
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Wattnxt1, all of your feedback is appreciated and we have forward your concern and feedback to the proper channels. Making sure you have the services you need is important and being able to pinpoint/Mark the troubled location can be helpful. Let's gather some details. Are all of your services impacted (calls, text, data)? Do you notice if your service concern happens primarily indoors or outdoors? May we have your nearest intersection, City, and zip code, so we can accurately pinpoint your location?

0 Likes