Weak signal at home
corey9r

I have an extremely weak signal at my new home, is there any way get the signal improved?  I'm in Cave Creek, AZ specifically at just south of Lone Mountain Road and 64th Street, there is a cell tower at 65th Street and Lone Mountain which makes me wonder if I'm in its shadow (No idea if it's a Verizon Tower).  Is there anything I can do to improve my coverage?  There's a dip right before my house where I completely lose the signal and then the first floor of my house is very weak and cuts out constantly, upstairs is only slightly better.  Thanks for your help.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Weak signal at home
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Zip code?

You can check www.antennasearch.com to see if the tower is a Verizon Wireless tower or not.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
corey9r

Thanks, zip is 85331.  Looks like most antenna's in the area are AT&T and what looks like a cell tower at 65th Street and Lone Mountain is not listed on www.antennasearch.com... not sure what that means, perhaps its' private, its pretty small.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

It is likely that the towers and antennas under Alltel Communications name are also Verizon Wireless property.

You have to look at both the tower and antenna listings as some towers share space for multiple antennas on the same structure.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
RAGEMA94
Enthusiast - Level 3

Do you have high speed internet? If so turn on WIFI calling while you are at home. Also what is your new house made out of, some materials are not penatrable by the cell signal, and may cause a weak signal while indoors. Also are there trees, bodies of water, or anything like that? They all impact your cellular signal.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We know the importance of having a good signal Corey. I was unable to locate any reported issues in your area. How long have you had issues at your new home and within the area? Although we don't guarantee service inside of home and buildings we can trouble-shoot the signal outside.

KinquanaH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
corey9r

Thank you for your response. I have had this problem consistently since we

purchased the home in May 2017. I understand the potential trials and

tribulations for solving signal issues inside a home. The signal also

drops almost completing on the road to my home at a point 100 yards south

of Lone Mountain on 64th Street (Cave Creek, AZ 85331). There is a dip in

the road at that point so I would imagine if that issue can be resolved, it

would also resolve the issue in my home.

Thanks,

Corey

On Mon, Sep 11, 2017 at 5:13 AM, vzw_customer_support <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the information corey9r. I know service issues are no fun but we want to make sure you are having the best signal we can provide. Service issues inside can fluctuate and be different from service right outside your home or 100-yards from your home. The signal that is trying to get through to your phone in side your home has  different obstacles than outside. We can provide you with some account specific trouble-shooting to pinpoint the issues and get them resolved. I have sent you a private message to get started.

KinquanaH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
mcgee10

That's great they are helping you I, on the other hand, have been fighting with them for 3 years. As soon as my phone is paid I'm looking for new provider I have been with Verizon since 1997 and they have treated me like dirt.

0 Likes