Weak signal in my new neighborhood
phoenix16

I recently moved and have found that we are lucky to have one bar in our neighborhood. Even if I stand outside away from the house the signal is non-existent and calls constantly drop. Is there anything that can be done to improve the signal so I can actually use my phone at my house? Works fine elsewhere in town. Here I rarely get LTE to show up on my iPhone. Same for the rest of the users on the account. Is there anything to fix this that doesn't cost me hundreds of dollars?

0 Likes
Re: Weak signal in my new neighborhood
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello. Thank you for bringing this to our attention today. We are here to help, and do everything we can to make sure you have an excellent connection. Please first provide me with your city, and state, so I can check for any network outages in your area. *Bryan

0 Likes
phoenix16

We are in Monterey California. Elsewhere in the city and on the peninsula, we get decent, though not always great reception, but we are lucky to get one bar in our neighborhood while outside and away from buildings.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It's our priority to provide a seamless network experience, and we are concerned to hear that you are experiencing challenges with your service. We would love the opportunity to help you today! Can you please elaborate more? When did this issue start? What services are being impacted?  

0 Likes
phoenix16

We moved in July 4th weekend and have rarely had more than 1 bar, inside our outside our house. Calls constantly drop, standing inside or outside, front or back yard. If the home internet is not available for some reason, you can barely load a web page, and only then if you are near a window. I don't think I have ever seen a 5G logo at our house, but if we move half a mile away next to the highway, all the sudden we get a great signal and the signal is generally really good elsewhere in town. I'm honestly at the point where I'm looking at going to T-Mobile because it looks like they have signal in our area. I just need to ask the neighbors which service they have. Just insane our rather dense neighborhood of at least 200 homes can't have a reliable signal.

0 Likes