Weaking Signal Strength
KentBH1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Why does our cell phone signal seem to be getting weaker? We are experiencing dropped calls and weaker and intermittent signal strength in home areas that were never a problem in the past. 

Re: Weaking Signal Strength
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

There’s nothing more important than having a strong, consistent cell signal, KentBH1. We’ll help get to the bottom of this. When did it start happening? How far away from the trouble spot do you need to be to see improvement in the signal? Do others experience the same thing in your area?

GeorgeS_VZW

0 Likes
Rcoulter01
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same problem in the Ft. Morgan area, signal strength has gone from 4 bars to 1 to none. Can't get any answers.

0 Likes
scootertiki
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same issue in Central Oregon.  I was told it was because the towers are being updated for 5G.  Was never told of any planned outage.  I was given the Master ticket number: NRB000010319577.  Not sure if this is just the ticket for my area or what.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We're sorry to hear about any trouble in your area, Rcoulter01. We'll be happy to provide account support. Please look for our private note message to proceed with troubleshooting.

0 Likes
Wynot84
Enthusiast - Level 1

Read the 448 + comments related to this issue under "Why is my cell tower signal strength so weak now"   That thread was started May 2019 and "same problem" comments were posted from all over the country.   Verizon is apparently very aware of what is going on and has NO intention of resolving the problem.

I spent 3 hours on online chat with Verizon this morning because after 16 years at same location  I suddenly couldn't make or receive calls either inside or out.  Signal strength fluctuated between 1-2 bars and none.  I have clear sight line to the cell towers on a mountain top.  Reps and Tech were very pleasant but acted like they had never heard of anything like the problem I was having ... calling it "weird", "odd" and "very unusual".   They had me make changes to phone, reset network, etc, and nothing improved.  Finally they told me to enable WiFi calling and they would send in a trouble ticket if I wished and would get a response back via text msg in 2-4 days.     Why are we paying Verizon for cell service if they have us making calls over our WiFi that we pay another provider for??  Suppose I didn't have WiFi?     After reading that so many others have been having this same problem from over a year ago, I am not optimistic that Verizon will ever make this better.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We don't want any customer to have a unpleasant experience on our network. I heard you say  you spoke with us a couple days ago. Can I take a look at options to help with your service?  VCarter_VZW

0 Likes