Weather Emergency Alerts - wrong location
ctjrb

regarding weather emergency and amber alerts...

My phone number seems to be associated with a region where the line was first activated several years ago.  Even though I no longer live/work there, I receive weather and amber alerts related to that location.

I do not receive weather alerts for where I currently live/work.

Is there a way to associate my phone number with where I currently live?

0 Likes
Re: Weather Emergency Alerts - wrong location
jav6
Champion - Level 3

What make/model phone do you have?  Do you have location services turned on?

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
ctjrb

Thanks,

iPhone 11, but same behavior with prior iPhone 6.

Locations services turned on.

I do have a second iPhone (thru work) that does receive the WEA alerts for my location.

All the locations services settings are the same on these two phones, which leads me to believe it may be tied to the phone number prefix, or perhaps the sim???

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, ctjrb. We understand the importance of ensuring you get the proper alerts and we'll be happy to help. When did this issue start? Have you recently moved or made any account changes?

ChristianP_VZW

0 Likes
ctjrb

Hi ChristianP_VZW,

It's always been this way.  From the day my line was activated, I've received government and weather alerts relevant to the city where the phone was activated (where I used to work), but never for the town where I live.

Now that I'm no longer working in that city, I'd prefer to get the same alerts as the other 3 phone lines on my account, which are relevent to where we live.

These other three lines were all activated in our home town.  Mine was activated in the city I used to work.

Thanks for helping

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for those additional details, ctjrb. Roughly how far away from your old are you now? Is your phone up to date on all available software? EricW_VZW

0 Likes