Website Bug - Auto Pay Credit Card Info Update
stillcallingitascreen

I've read some posts about people having trouble updating their credit card info when the credit card is set to expire.  I think this is related to, what in my opinion, is a design flaw with the website.  For some reason, credit card info can not be updated for a card that is used for auto  pay.  (This may have something to do with timing - perhaps they don't want to update a card for a payment that is currently being processed -- but how long can it really take to process a cc payment? seconds?...)  Also, you cannot have two cards on file with the same number, even if they have different expiration dates, so adding a new card, then switching over auto pay to the new card is not an option.  The other option might be deleting the card registered for auto pay, and then adding a card with updated info --- but that doesn't work either as you cannot delete a credit card that is used for auto pay.

The only option that seems to work is to cancel auto pay, then re-enroll with the updated credit card info.  However, when I did this, I got a disconcerting message about taking a billing cycle for enrollment to complete.  I'm concerned the system may miss a payment, and I'll be charged a late fee.

I'm kinda surprised at the difficulty I encountered with this process - I bet there are at least 30k to 40k people that have to go through this every month...

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Website Bug - Auto Pay Credit Card Info Update
davidmhall

i need to update my card to 2017

0 Likes
Re: Website Bug - Auto Pay Credit Card Info Update
D-777
Enthusiast - Level 2

I also have the the same complaint. How the heck can they pretend to be a technology leader when their website has such major flaws? I want to delete my current credit card because it was involved with one of the too-many data breaches and is being replaced. Stupid that I can't delete it. I guess it doesn't hurt anything to leave it in their database, other than that I might accidentally try and activate it for payment.

0 Likes