What about employee discounts with new share plan?
Not applicable

The main line on our account gets a 20% employee discount. Can that still be used on these new share everything plans?

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: What about employee discounts with new share plan?
alcid
Enthusiast - Level 2

More lies & misinformation from VZ customer service. Here's a transcript fro an online chat a from a few minutes ago:

In less than one day VZ has given me three different versions of how discounts will be applied.

VZ CAN NOT BE TRUSTED

Please wait for a Chat Representative to respond.

Thank you for contacting Verizon Wireless. My name is Maryjane, how may I assist you?

Customer: If and when I decided to sign up for your new data sharing plan, how will my employee discount be applied?

Maryjane: Hi Customer. I'll be happy to help you with this.

Maryjane: Your employee discount will still be offered off of the data package that is chosen.

Customer: What about the phone?

Maryjane: The charge for the type of phone you have will not be given the discount.  For example if you have two smartphones ($40.00 each) and choose the 4GB ($70), your discount will be off of the $70.00 charge.

Customer: Yesterday I was told the discount would apply to the primary line and the selected data pacakage.

Maryjane: ok. Let me double check this for you.

Maryjane: I'm sorry for the delay.  I just want to be sure I am giving you the correct information.

Maryjane: Employee discounts will be discounted from the Monthly Account Access charge for Share Everything plans that meet the minimum of $34.99.  This is the amount of data that is chosen for your plan.
The phone charge is not discounted.

Customer: I'm not asked about the phone, I'm asking about the monthly access fee for the phone.

Maryjane: I'm sorry, that is what I was referring to.  The monthly line access for phone is not discounted.

Customer: I currently have 4 smart phones on my account, if I go when your new plan at 10 GB shared, my monthly fee before discounts would be (4 x $40 = $160 + $100) = $260 - is that correct?

Maryjane: You are correct.

Customer: I currently have a 21% discount, what would the $260 monthly fee be after applying the discount (before taxes)?

Maryjane: Your discount would come from the $100 charge, totaling $21.00.  Your monthly total before taxes would be $239.00

Customer: ok - thanks

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Keitarou
Contributor - Level 1

According to what others have posted, only on the primary smartphone line your discount will apply. But who knows what they will say officially.

0 Likes
Not applicable

If they allow the 20% to come off the data too I'll be less miffed.

0 Likes
Keitarou
Contributor - Level 1

I doubt it. Since data was discounted on primary line only, shared doesn't have primary or secondary so probably no discount.

0 Likes
Not applicable

I just got off chat with "Johnathan S" he says the employee discount comes off everything based on how many phones you have.

For example you have

2 phones the discount comes off of 1/2 of the total bill.

3 phones the discount comes off of 1/3 of the total bill.

4 phones the discount comes off of 1/4 of the total bill.

5 phones the discount comes off of 1/5 of the total bill.

This includes the data.

0 Likes
eriknokc
Enthusiast - Level 3

I found this out by calling and tweeting VZW customer service... you only get your employee discount off the base plan monthly charge, not the additional charges for the each line. So by Verizon breaking up the charges into more equal chunks, you get a lesser discount.

Example... I currently get $11 off my base $110 family plan, $3 off my $30 iPhone Data plan and nothing for the $9.99 for each line, for a total of $14 off per month. Under the new plan I will get $6 off the base $60 plan and nothing for the $30(basic phone)/$40(smartphone) for each line, for a total of $6 off per month.

0 Likes
Not applicable

erik you post doesn't make any sense. Where are you getting $60 from? Under the new plans smartphones are $40. Basic phones are $30 so where is $60 coming from?

0 Likes
eriknokc
Enthusiast - Level 3

$60 is the base plan price for Unlimited Talk, Unlimited Text and 2GB of data. Then you add on $30 or $40 for each phone on your account, depending if it's a basic phone or a smartphone.

Here's a link to the plan details... http://solutions.vzwshop.com/shareeverything/pdf/verizon_share_everything_plan_details.pdf

0 Likes
Not applicable

So you mean the $60 is the data. why didn't you state that? It would make you easier to understand. That still doesn't agree with what I was told.

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

yeah, the discount is only off of the monthly account access which consists of the unlimited calling/texting and data pool.  Below is directly from Verizon.

http://www.droid-life.com/2012/06/12/verizon-share-everything-data-plans-applying-corporate-discount...

0 Likes