What can I do about my bill being so high?
meshhh
Enthusiast - Level 2

I bought a new phone recently at a Verizon store. The guy who took care of me messed up the #s big time!!! As in my bill is 20$ more a month than what I agreed apon!!!! I called the 1800 # and was told all I can do is buy out the phone outright.... I can't afford what this [removed] did to me and can't do anything about it!!! This is serious [removal required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service] !!!!! I need this fixed!!! Who can I speak to about this??? I'm seriously so [removed] off right now I can't think straight!! There's gotta be someone I can file a complaint with about this store and make this right.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: What can be done!??
meshhh
Enthusiast - Level 2

Turns out the store I went to was a 3rd party non verizon employees. I made a lot of calls and it paid off. Verizon customer service is amazing!!!!! I was compensated to a point. Definitely helps me out of this situation. I will be staying with Verizon after all 🙂

View solution in original post

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

You may be angry but know that you cannot rely on what is said by a representative. You agreed to that when you signed the paperwork and your Customer Agreement.

Instead of writing a rant that was in serious violation of the TOS of this community, you should explain the situation to include what you thought you were getting and how much you thought you were to pay and the date of the transaction. This way the community can help you.

Should you not want to seek further help from the community, you can write a letter to Verizon Wireless by clicking on Contact Us at the top of this page and finding the mailing address.

meshhh
Enthusiast - Level 2

I apologize for the rant. I posted this in a very foul mood after getting off the phone with the store I bought it from. The operators at the 1800 #  couldn't help me. I was kind to them of course . Not so much with Kill Devil Hills NC United States 27948 store. On may 1st the agreement was $73.56 monthly including equipment charges. Turns out [removal required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service] is a terrible representative for Verizon. He was exactly $20.91 off. Again I apologize for the rant but this is insane to get lied to just so he can sell a phone plan I can't afford. This needs to be brought to the attention of ?? Who can I contact about this person?

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

There is nothing that can be done about the charges. You signed the agreement and it is what it is. They will have you there. The only course of action is to return the device and pay the restock fee if you can't afford to pay the extra $20 monthly.

If you feel like the representative was incompetent in some way then you need to write a letter and send it to the address you will get by clicking on Contact Us. Make sure to send it certified.

Being honest I would say not to expect any miracles from Verizon.

0 Likes
meshhh
Enthusiast - Level 2

I expect nothing from verizon at this point. It's a shame because I've always been with Verizon as a pay as you go plan and have always been very happy with this company. The first time I decide on a contract I get.... As soon as this contract has ended I'm certainly switching providers. Thanks for taking the time to reply to my rant and have a good one.

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

It is unfortunate that you feel that way but if you are really that dissatisfied you have 2 options. If it has not been 14 days since your purchase, you can port your number to whichever carrier you like and then return the device less the restock fee. If it has been more than 14 days, you can take advantage of any carrier's promotion to switch. This usually requires you to port and trade in your VZW device for a credit. Then you are responsible to pay the last bill from VZW and submit a copy to the new carrier. They will usually give you a bill credit towards your new service with them or send you a prepaid card for UP TO $650 MINUS the amount you received for the trade in. You should educate yourself on all of your options prior to pulling the trigger. I feel that if you had read what you were signing with VZW before signing it you would have clearly seen all of the charges and known exactly what your bill would have been. You would have had the opportunity to question it all and either complete the transaction or stop it.

0 Likes
JAMCAU9

you are correct, we all should read the contract but tell me you read all the paperwork when you purchased your house or car? if you did you are probably a lawyer or way better than any of the rest. You usually rely on the salesperson to reflect what was negotiated and what appears on the contract. Plus we all know how frustrating and long it is to visit a Verizon store. I'm not taking stabs at anyone and it is not personal, I'm just saying what we all do and for verizon or any company to know this and hide behind a contract is pretty lame. Face it....when was the last time you went to a verizon store and saw the same face more than once?

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

My husband and I are in the process of closing on our first home. Yes, we (and I mean him) did read all of the documents we have so far signed prior to signing them. We know that putting our signature to it means that we accept everything that is written in said documents. We didn't want to get caught with our proverbial pants down. I am not a lawyer nor am I "way better than any of the rest".  What I am is someone who doesn't trust sales people (I used to be one).

The frustrating part of going to a Verizon store is that consumers don't take the time to educate themselves. All of the information regarding any promotion or deal is easily accessible through the VZW website. Everyone can find this community forum to complain about something after the fact but they get offended when they are gently reminded that if they should have read and fully understood the promotion or deal before accepting it. None of it is hidden and there is always a list of FAQs.

Verizon is not hiding behind any contract. They will always remind you that you signed it and that your signature is an acceptance of the terms outlined in it. If 'you' chose not to read it before signing it then that is on 'you'. We have been dealing with these contracts and agreements by buying these devices and services for far too long to continue to claim ignorance.

Everyone should enter into any contract with the assumption that the sales person is lying or not fully disclosing. Then they should take the time to read it and understand it before they sign. If they choose to sign without fully considering the ramifications there is no one that should be held accountable but them. When do people start taking responsibility for themselves and stop trying to pass the blame?

meshhh
Enthusiast - Level 2

The problem seems to be... Trusting a Verizon employee. I thought they were there to help you not hurt your wallet. It's obviously my fault for trusting an employee of verizon.

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

I didn't say it was your fault. However, you do bear a majority of the responsibility here.

Just like when my husband and I purchased a car and signed the paperwork before reading and understanding it and got shafted on the quoted sale price. I tried to get it fixed with the dealer and they told me I was out of luck. I sucked it up and dealt with it. Now, 5 years later and though I don't have that car any longer, I am still dealing with. I traded it in and owed double what it was worth. I took a lease with a monthly payment that is the equivalent of triple the advertised price of any lease. All because we trusted the salesman. The point is that I had nobody to blame but myself.

0 Likes