What did we do to tick off Verizon? Why is Yarnell's service so poor?
ChuckFromAZ

The call quality of many and sometimes most of our local calls (within Yarnell, AZ 85362) is so poor that it is impossible to hold a conversation with anyone. For instance, the person at the other end might hear us OK but we're not hearing many or most of what they are saying.

This is not just us. Several people in town are complaining about the same issue and some are not even getting their text messages.

One has told us that he is going to contact the FCC about this (this week), a few are returning to land lines and no one has seen any improvements.

Guess: Verizon picked up this town when they bought out Altel but, it seems, they never upgraded or replaced the tower (we're at the base of the hill, line of sight ... stone's throw ...). Now you've got a monopoly, a town full of dysfunctional smart phones wasting gargantuan amounts of bandwidth on failed packets and no happy customers.

Is anyone working on this? A new tower maybe? Some day?

>> Subject edited to comply with the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service <<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: What did we do to tick off Verizon? Why is Yarnell's service so poor?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ChuckFromAZ, thanks for this heads up. At this time, no outages or issues have been reported in Arizona. However, let's take a closer look at your device. Are you experiencing issues with your text messages and calls indoors, outdoors, or both? Have you ever contacted our technical support team to process a trouble ticket for the area? Once a trouble ticket is submitted, our network team will evaluate the area for issues.

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
ChuckFromAZ

OK? So it's my device again?

Not!

... and yes. I have notified technical support about this issue.

I don't know what 'no outages or issues' means in light of the fact that several residents of Yarnell have contacted Verizon with complaints.

Again, this is not my device or location relative to the tower.

#1: My device is working fine in other towns that have good service and even in this town ... at times.

#2: Several other people in town are complaining about the same issue.

Obviously, I am talking to someone who has not done their research and doesn't care.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ChuckFromAZ, Thanks for sharing the details of your experience. We can certainly understand wanting to improve the service in your area so that we can maintain the best network for you. We are constantly making improvements to the local towers so that it will be able to support the 4G LTE service. Do you happen to recall the results of  the Ticket filed with our Network team concerning the service in your area? How far do you have to travel to gain a better signal? 

TanishaS1_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
ChuckFromAZ

Thanks for your attention to the issue.

I have not tried service in Wilhoit , 15 min N of Yarnell, since Verizon installed a tower there. We are getting much less erratic connections in Prescott, a much larger town 30 miles to the N, and in the Phoenix metropolitan area, 60-70 miles SE. Congress, about 10 miles S only has a weak signal. Voice isn’t bad the few times I tried it there, but data can be incredibly slow. Wickenburg, 30 miles to the South tends to have weak signals in many areas and Anthem has weak signals W of the I17. Data is pretty much useless in the house I’ve been in there.

Best

0 Likes