What does announcement 1480 mean?
AGUZADA
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am calling someone.  A verizon announcement says that the person is not available and to call later.  Then it gives "1480" and a location number.

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: What does announcement 1480 mean?
jav6
Champion - Level 3

Generally that helps identify the server/router/tower/switch that could not complete the call and the code for possibly why.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...

View solution in original post

jav6
Champion - Level 3

Generally that helps identify the server/router/tower/switch that could not complete the call and the code for possibly why.

AGUZADA
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you for considering my elementary question.  I learned today that the person (a child of mine ... ) had not purchased another monthly prepaid card.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

AGUZADA, we want to keep you connected to all of your friends and family on your wireless device. Are you able to place calls to any other phone numbers with no issues?

LasinaH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want you to be able to get a hold of that person Aguzada. How long have you had this issue for? Are you having issues with any other number? What is the make/model of your device?

AmberF_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
AGUZADA
Enthusiast - Level 2

Sorry to get you all involved. I did email the first person who answered.  I cannot see how to respond on the website.  Anyway, it was the person I was calling (a child, wouldn't you know) whose monthly prepaid account was over.  He had to buy a new card.  Thanks All.

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

AGUZADA, since you initiated this thread are you able to mark it ANSWERED?  Maybe a moderator can LOCK it since it IS ANSWERED.

0 Likes
cacykat

This is happening to me today. Also, none of my texts are getting to him. Other people can call him, just not me. 

0 Likes
SilentHonor

I started having this problem after picking up a call from a specific number. Smart ID tagged it with caller's name. Whenever I make a call now, I get that message, or it goes straight to the person's voicemail. I can still receive calls and texts though, and can call out using an app, but regular phone is busted.

0 Likes