Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 6,754 Members online 269K Discussions 43.9K Solutions
Re: What does the end of 3G in 2020 mean for fringe/rural customers?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The 1xRTT and 3G EDVO network will have its radio frequencies converted into 4G LTE or 5G networks. The process was similarly done when the cellular networks were converted from an analog network to a digital network. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Re: What does the end of 3G in 2020 mean for fringe/rural customers?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for reaching out to us with your questions about CDMA retirement.

MariaV_VZW

0 Likes
a Re: What does the end of 3G in 2020 mean for fringe/rural customers?
horizonracer
Enthusiast - Level 2

i live in a fringe area... being verizon wireless does not OPERATE ON THE LOWER VHF TV SIGNAL like TMOBILE DOES (600MHZ)  TMOBILE WORKS VERY WELL BETTER THEN VERIZON because i live in the fringe AND if VERIZON would use some of the lower old tv FREQUENCY the signal would go further, so i have to use TMOBILE, not just push out 4g and it works, TMOBILE THOUGHT IT OVER... I have to force the jetpack into 3g JUST TO GET ANYTHING, not the issue with TMOBILE 2 BARS and full SPEEDS as if i was on cable or dsl.. Verizon shuts down their 3g i will have to rely on TMOBILE. BECAUSE they took into consideration and found out that 4G operates well on the LOWER FREQUENCY OF (600mhz), if verizon would operate on the lower freqency the service would be good, NO THEY OPERATE ON THE GIG FREQUENCY no wonder its crummy....

So verizon shut down your 3g.. TMOBILE is out KLEANING UP the garbage that VERIZON is leaving behind...

VeriRe: What does the end of 3G in 2020 mean for fringe/rural customers?
horizonracer
Enthusiast - Level 2

verizon shuts off 3g at the end of december of this year 2020, i will cancel prepaid service and stick with TMOBILE.. tmobile already cleaned up the trash left behind from verizon, THEY OPERATE ON THE 600MHZ uhf band and provide excellant service in the fringe where i live... VERIZON can't even provide a good solid signal for me. the 4g I get 1 bar and half the time its nothing, 3g/evdo I MAINTAIN 2 BARS.. It does not matter if i put the verizon sim in a fone or hotspot, the service is terrible.. Yet tmobile. its a no wonder i chose tmobile... Verizon is still stuck on the gig frequency why their service is just about trash......

May not work for everyone in the fringe like i am, but being TMOBILE decided to put their 4g INTO the 600mhz band, its no wonder i get very good service, 600mhz just goes further then the stupid gig bands do..

0 Likes
Re: VeriRe: What does the end of 3G in 2020 mean for fringe/rural customers?
KH-OrnEsh
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes