What does this error message mean?
gmagg
Contributor - Level 1

VZW_Network_error_lte_co_other

This error message has popped up a couple of times in the past 3 days.  I have not idea what it means.

I have a Pantech UML295

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: What does this error message mean?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi gmagg,

Let's get your internet up and running again. Has anything recently changed? Any updates or changes to your operating system on your pc? Have you tried another computer to see if the problems were still occuring. Let's start with a sim pull for 60 seconds. http://vz.to/1deBRPZ Keep us posted.

Thanks, BobbyS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
gmagg
Contributor - Level 1

Do I do this while the power is still one or do I wait until I shut down my

computer?

I have not changed anything. No updates for at least a week or more. I

only have 1 computer.

Thanks

On Sun, Mar 23, 2014 at 9:53 AM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

gmagg,

We're glad you asked! We recommend removing the device from your computer, then rebooting the PC in addition to removing the SIM card from the Mobile Broadband device.

After about 15 seconds, place the SIM card back in the device and power the computer back on and retest connection. Let us know if this helps? If possible, also test connection with another PC to see if a connection can be established.

EfrainM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
wren337

If you're running the latest firmware, Verizon seems to have the ability to kick you off 4G and onto 3G when (I assume) the tower is saturated.  This is when we see that error message pop up.  We have a number of modems with both the new and old firmware and in NYC this is how the new firmware behaves.  Of course no one at Verizon will confirm it.  If you switch LTE modes away from global and then back to global, you may see that you connect at 4G with good signal quality, and then you get kicked off with this popup message, and then you reconnect at 3G.

With the old firmware we still see the message but we're able to stay connected at 4G.  So I'm assuming it's the signalling mechanism that tells the modem to degrade the connection, but it was only implemented in the latest firmware.

Hope this helps.

0 Likes
gmagg
Contributor - Level 1

I tried this.  Didn't solve the problem.  I keep getting disconnected.  The error message does not always show up - it just disconnects.

Also, if you are familiar with the Pantech UML295 on the back of the modem there are two different places where one can plug in an antenna.  Does it make a difference which one I use? 

0 Likes
gmagg
Contributor - Level 1

Not sure I understand.  Are you saying that I should switch LTE modes?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

gmagg, We definitely want to get you connected to the internet. We would need a few more details. Please let us know what operating system your computer is running, ex: windows xp, vista, MAC etc. Also, did you notice the error after updating the firmware?

sheritah_vzw
Follow us on Twitter
@VZWSupport

0 Likes
gmagg
Contributor - Level 1

I have windows 7.  That error message has not shown up but like I said, it does keep disconneting.

Also I did ask about the back of the modem where there are 2 places to connect an antenna.  Does it make a difference?

0 Likes