What happened to Verizon? best coverage??
hodgy1975

So I have been having trouble with the signal strength in my area for about a year and a half since moving to Georgia... I am supposed to be in a coverage area. I have talked to people who live nearby (within 1/2 mile) and they are not having the issues with signal I am having. Sometimes I get no signal in my house. Last week I called and spoke with a gentleman from tier 2 tech support and he told me that any signal weaker than -90dBm was not acceptable and that they would se...@nd someone out to check the area for issues and get back to me Monday or Tuesday with a resolution as I was getting -120 to -110 dBm. More than likely, he said, I would need to get a network extender. But with the issues I was having that Verizon would send me one free of charge... this would help with the coverage issues I have at home but not really outside the home.... Yesterday evening I called after not hearing back from Verizon... I was told that the ticket had not been resolved and they were still working on it... I asked for clarification as I was supposed to get a call and had not received one... I was told "hold on let me transfer you to out technical support team"... what I thought that by selecting technical support from the automated menu that I was already speaking with technical support.... then I was told that there is issues with the terrain and other issues in the area that Verizon is aware of and have no plans of fixing at this time. If I wanted to I could purchase a network extender at a $75 discount from the $250 price that is supposedly already discounted from $500. Um... NO!! I can buy it online for $200 not from Verizon.... or they would let me out of my contract with no penalty.... I have been with Verizon 15years and they want to just let me go... is that how Verizon keeps customers? By lying to them and sending them on their way to go do business with another carrier?... I thought Verizon was supposed to have the best customer support and the best coverage???? I went to the Verizon website under contact us... they have a link to connect with Verizon corporate via facebook but it takes you to the FIOS facebook page... I might be switching to AT&T... Verizon is not what it used to be

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: What happened to Verizon? best coverage??
rcschnoor
Legend

hodgy1975 wrote:

If I wanted to I could purchase a network extender at a $75 discount from the $250 price that is supposedly already discounted from $500. Um... NO!! I can buy it online for $200 not from Verizon.... or they would let me out of my contract with no penalty.... I have been with Verizon 15years and they want to just let me go... is that how Verizon keeps customers?

It appears they do not want to let you go and is why they offered you a discount on the extender which is LESS than what you can get online. $175 is LESS than $200 last time I looked. Had they just wanted to let you go, they would not have offered the discount. It's your choice. Good luck with whatever you choose.Smiley Happy

0 Likes
hodgy1975

Last I checked $175 is quite a bit more than free...which was what I was initially told it would be and then it only would have fixed my signal issues in the house... Verizon is failing

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE DROID

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

hodgy1975 wrote:

Last I checked $175 is quite a bit more than free...which was what I was initially told it would be and then it only would have fixed my signal issues in the house...

It is more than free, but I guess it depends on how important it is to have signal in your house. Me? I use my landline and don't necessarily need to have signal in my home, although I do have it. If you are solely using a cellular line for service in your home, you may need to spend additional money to achieve adequate coverage. If you are unwilling, you may need to install a landline.

hodgy1975 wrote:

Verizon is failing

That depends on your definition of failing. More customers than ever before. Best coverage of any of the national providers. It could be your understanding of cellular technology. This is not a technology that is designed to give coverage EVERYWHERE. It is a limited technology. The technology may not be what you expected, but that does not mean a provider is failing whether it is Verizon, AT&T, Sprint OR T-Mobile. There is only so much they can do. Government regulations prevent them from erecting towers wherever they would like. The approval process to erect new towers can take years to gain approval. Price wars prevent some from building out their network to equal coverage of competing providers. There are trade-offs in EVERYTHING. You simply have to choose the trade-offs you can live with. For some, they have traded off guaranteed phone coverage in their home(i.e. a land line) with a cellular line ONLY with possible less coverage than they would like. Possibly another provider can give you better coverage in your home. If you go this route, you made be trading off adequate coverage in other areas, though. Just another trade-off.

Good luck with whichever route you take.

0 Likes
hodgy1975

Last I checked $175 is quite a bit more than free...which was what I was initially told it would be and then it only would have fixed my signal issues in the house... Verizon is failing

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE DROID

0 Likes