Please save your congratulations on my "upgrade" until I have a device I can actually use - i.e. one that has my 400+ Contacts in it. They are all cached at my BA site but I cannot get them into my phone. Meanwhile I tried to port them over from the old to the new device via a micro-sd chip and that resulted in wiping them off the old phone without being able to put them on the new phone. So the BA site is now the ONLY place where they exist. Backup Assistant is supposed to give me peace of mind that my Contacts are safe and protected from loss. It has so far utterly failed to accomplish that prime directive.
You join a long line of Verizon customer support people who think this should be easy but haven't been able to solve it. You can reference trouble ticket number >>removed<<
Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator
I'm sorry about the contacts you lost skrien. Have you redownloaded the backup assistance app to your phone to get your contacts back? Thanks for the info. I was unable to locate your ticket number. Are you able to send a private message with your name and number. Were you provided with a time frame of when your issue will be resolved?
follow us on twitter @vzwsupport
I'm sorry about the contacts you lost skrien
Not as sorry as I am. I will never use Backup Assistant again. It's an utter failure at its primary function.
I was unable to locate your ticket number.
Funny, when I call the NRB center, as I have been doing daily, they have no trouble finding it.
Have you redownloaded the backup assistance app to your phone to get your contacts back?
The phone's inability to get into backup assistant was the first thing that I called in about. After two attempts to connect it informed me it was unable to get authorization. Going in through the Shop Apps button, same thing. Nobody was ever able to get me past that.
Were you provided with a time frame of when your issue will be resolved?
All I have gotten is vague and conflicting information and people who keep trying the same thing over and over, expecting different results. The definition of insanity if I'm not mistaken.
In the absence of any apparent progress from Verizon, I proceeded with diagnostics of my own and discovered that the LG Exalt I was trying to activate has a defective micro-sd card drive. It is not only unable to read anything off the chip, it actually destroys any data that was there. The same card I can read with my old phone or on my computer, the Exalt says is empty. And by God, when you pull it out and put it in another device, it is empty now. That's how I lost all my contact data in the first place. The phone has been returned as defective.
Losing the contact data off both my phones is what sent me to Backup Assistant, which has to be the worst website I've ever interacted with. On my newer computer running an up to date version of Internet Explorer, almost none of the function buttons work at all. On my husband's older computer BA warns that he is using an unsupported version of Explorer, but at least the function buttons work. It was very slow - both the site and his computer - but I spent an entire day laboriously exporting my contacts as vcf files, one by one, to his hard drive. From there I copied them to a micro-sd chip and my old phone loaded them successfully from that using the Copy All To Phone function. So I once again have a working phone with all my contacts on it - my 5-year old Razzle. So much for Verizon's "upgrade"!