What happens after you pay off your edge device
Daveydawg
Enthusiast - Level 2

What bs… I thought vz had come back to earth… but apparently after you pay off your device (or if you just buy it outright), they charge you the subsidy portion of the line charge again.  That makes no sense whatsoever….  they charge you the same amount, whether they subsidize a phone for you or not.  That makes no sense.  People, stop paying it!!!

Labels (1)
Re: What happens after you pay off your edge device
Pnhtricey
Contributor - Level 1

I have paid off an edge agreement in Jan 2013 yet I am being charged for another edge agreement that is not on my documents. The edge agreement is a total scam. I wouldn't recommend the edge agreement to a freaking dog.

0 Likes
Pnhtricey
Contributor - Level 1

Jan 2014. *

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Pnhtricey, we understand how alarming it is to receive unexpected charges! We would like to get to the bottom of this. At your earliest convenience, we can be reached here to further review: http://vz.to/19p59Ec You can also send me a direct message. View steps here: http://vz.to/1b8XnPy

WiltonA_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Pnhtricey
Contributor - Level 1

I  already cancelled with verizon but that verizon edge agreement better be taken off my account and I'm reporting verizon to the better business bureau.  Have a nice day.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I regret to hear that you cancelled your service with us Pnhtricey! Your business is very important to us and we'll love to turn things around! We can certainly look over all the details of the Edge agreement in the mean time. Please accept my follow request and send a Direct Message to access the details.

AshleyS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
jasoninadks
Enthusiast - Level 2

I bet its set to self destruct as soon as you leave Verizon. Mine self destruct weekly so they send me another of the same to do the same. Go figure, do the same thing over and over expecting a different result. That's insanity, no thats Verizon.

Daveydawg
Enthusiast - Level 2

none of the other carriers do this anymore…  we all understand subsidies (well apparently not)…  if you go to any of the other carriers, and you do not buy a phone on contract, your service is less expensive because they don't need to recoup the money they "lost" on the phone.  But Verizon continues to charge you regardless… 

If you go to ATT, you can get 10gb (yes 10), 2 smartphones off contract, 130/mo.  You can even use their version of EDGE and still pay that same amount (plus your device payment)… and guess what, when your done paying for your phone, they don't increase your service charge.  If you do the same on VZ, your bill will also be 130, but when you pay off your phone, they jack your bill up to 180….

I think if VZ just came out and said "Look, we are the best, so we charge more.  Period."  I'd respect that…

djjim6629
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon, is this true?  Does

The access fee go up to the full $40 after you pay off your phone?  So if I am on a 10gb plan and pay off my phone in 6 months instead of 24, my bill goes up $25?  Can someone from Verizon confirm this please.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jasoninadks,

We don't want you to feel that way, let's get the phone up and running smoothly. Warranty replacements are like for like make and model http://vz.to/NKIBcM , this is done because devices are tested to ensure they work 100% like they should. When you keep encountering same problems with model, it tells us it's content related. What specific issues are you having? 

AdaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport

0 Likes