What is considered Data??
Jiggzt

I have never had an overage in data but for the last 2 months (without doing anything different) I have.  What is considered data so I can figure out why?? 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: What is considered Data??
dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

I haven't heard of that term before. The smartphone should have a tool that breaks down the data usage into various categories. The My Verizon Wireless app also does this, albeit in a slightly different manner.

My method for keeping my data usage in check is to switch off my phone's 4G/LTE while at home and in places where I trust the WiFi service. With my FiOS data being unlimited (so to speak) the 1gb mobile data cap works out well.

0 Likes
Re: What is considered Data??
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

Anything that uses the internet is data except HD voice calls. If you use Advanced calling and do video calls on the mobile network then that will count as data.

So, when you aren't on WiFi and you watch Netflix or YouTube, use Snapchat, Facebook or Instagram, use Maps or Waze, access the web browser or stream music using Pandora or Spotify (all apps listed is not a comprehensive list of data consuming apps) you are using data.

0 Likes