What is my best option for internet in a rural area?
Goodest

I am interested in finding out if there are other options for me to utilize internet at my home in our rural location.  I currently use my smart phone as a mobile hotspot, but find that I am constantly upgrading my data plan due to running out of allowance.  I have 4G LTE coverage and a Verizon tower is approximately 1/4 mile away from my home.

1).  Are there other options from Verizon that would be better?

2).  In comparison of 2 possible options, does it really matter?  Would I be paying the same if I increased my smart phone data allowance versus utilizing something else that Verizon offers?

3).  Would my best option be to utilize a satellite provider such as Hughes net or Wild Blue?

Thanks for your comments/suggestions.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Rural internet options
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Goodest,

I can imagine the hardship it is to find an internet product that works for you in your location. Since our internet seems to work out for you, we definitely want you to have all available options so you can make your comparisons. While internet usage would not be any different experience than what you experience now on your hotspot, it may work best for you to have an internet only device. I would recommend you review how much of your data usage is off of your hotspot (viewable on your My Verizon account www.vzw.com/myverizon ) and see if having a data only plan will work for you. Check out our data only plans here http://www.verizonwireless.com/landingpages/data-only-plan/ Let us know what you think, we are here to help talk this out with you.

SandyS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Rural internet options
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Goodest,

I can imagine the hardship it is to find an internet product that works for you in your location. Since our internet seems to work out for you, we definitely want you to have all available options so you can make your comparisons. While internet usage would not be any different experience than what you experience now on your hotspot, it may work best for you to have an internet only device. I would recommend you review how much of your data usage is off of your hotspot (viewable on your My Verizon account www.vzw.com/myverizon ) and see if having a data only plan will work for you. Check out our data only plans here http://www.verizonwireless.com/landingpages/data-only-plan/ Let us know what you think, we are here to help talk this out with you.

SandyS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes