Re: What is the VZ Wireless Mgt. Retiree Discount?
westwood2
Enthusiast - Level 2

My account is currently on "new Verizon Plan Large 8GB". I have 25% Access Discount. I can see the discount applied to the plan cost and individual line charges.

I attempted to switch to "Start Unlimited" plan for my 4-line. It shows $33.75 (25% off $45) for each line. I am using auto pay with my checking account and would expect 25% off $35. Am I missing anything?

I didn't submit the change because it has the WARNING once I make the change, I can't switch back. Is my current plan "new Verizon Plan Large 8GB" no longer offered?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

westwood2, being on top of your plan is vital, especially if you are administering your services. Please elaborate, what exactly is your access discount for?

GilbertoL_VZW

0 Likes
westwood2
Enthusiast - Level 2

The access discount is for VZ Wireless Retiree. I worked for Verizon Wireless.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you so much for the additional clarification westwood2. The retiree discount applies to the account level of the plan and when switching to the unlimited plans, it no longer has that option. All of our unlimited plans are billed at the line or phone number level since each line can have a different unlimited plan. Are you expecting a significant increase in data usage over your current plan of 8GBs?

CandiceH_VZW

0 Likes
westwood2
Enthusiast - Level 2

It is not true that the discount only applies to the account level. Looking at my current bill, I can see:

8GB Plan cost: $70 - $17.50 (25%*$70) = $52.50
line 1 access cost: $20 - $5 (25%*$5) = $15
line 2 access cost: $20 - $5 (25%*$5) = $15
line 3 access cost: $20 - $5 (25%*$5) = $15
line 4 access cost: $20 - $5 (25%*$5) = $15
total $112.50

As you can see, the discount is on the plan and on the lines.

For unlimited, I would think I should have:
line 1: $45 - $10 (auto pay discount) - 25% (retiree discount).
line 2: $45 - $10 (auto pay discount) - 25% (retiree discount).
line 3: $45 - $10 (auto pay discount) - 25% (retiree discount).
line 4: $45 - $10 (auto pay discount) - 25% (retiree discount).

Most of the time I am ok with 8GB. There are a few times, it went over and the "Safety Mode" kicked in to limit my speed. vzw.com web site suggested I should switch to unlimited, but when I tried, it only showed retiree discounts, NOT auto pay discount:

line 1: $45 - 25%*$45 (retiree discount) = 33.75
line 2: $45 - 25%*$45 (retiree discount) = 33.75
line 3: $45 - 25%*$45 (retiree discount) = 33.75
line 4: $45 - 25%*$45 (retiree discount) = 33.75

Again, as you can see, the discount is on per line. but I don't see the autopay discount. I didn't submit the change because it has the WARNING that once I make the change, I can't switch back. Is my current plan "new Verizon Plan Large 8GB" no longer offered?

0 Likes
westwood2
Enthusiast - Level 2

any update?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It’s our goal to make sure all your questions are answered.  A private message has been sent to assist you further.

SeanC_VZW

0 Likes
KKFletcher
Enthusiast - Level 2

@westwood2 - can you tell us how this was resolved?  There is another recent community post re: whether the Autopay discount is stackable with the Retiree 25% discount, and you may know the answer based on whether you were able to keep both the Autopay discount AND your 25% off discount (assuming you moved to the new plans).  Anyway, if you have any light you can shine, feel free to post here:

https://community.verizon.com/t5/My-Verizon/Verizon-Retired-Employee-discount-stack-with-autopay-dis...

0 Likes
KKFletcher
Enthusiast - Level 2

@westwood2 - can you tell us how this was resolved?  There is another recent community post re: whether the Autopay discount is stackable with the Retiree 25% discount, and you may know the answer based on whether you were able to keep both the Autopay discount AND your 25% off discount (assuming you moved to the new plans).  Anyway, if you have any light you can shine, feel free to post here:

https://community.verizon.com/t5/My-Verizon/Verizon-Retired-Employee-discount-stack-with-autopay-dis...

Also tagging @CG50 

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@KKFletcher I just checked my account for discounts applied to my bill.  I have ONLY the employee discount and NOT the auto pay/paper free discount.  It appears the employee account does NOT allow the auto pay/paper free discount.  I have the Go Unlimited Plan.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes