What is the process for exchanging a device?
crucibelle
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have found the instructions for exchanging devices on this site lacking, so please no one refer me to the exchange policy on this site.  I just need someone to tell me the steps I need to take to exchange my Droid Ultra for a Moto X, but keep the same line of service.  I don't want to end up with two lines of service and I need to know when it is appropriate to go ahead and buy the Moto X.  If I return the Droid Ultra (I already have return shipping label), how will Verizon know that I want to exchange it for a Moto X?  Do I need to call customer service?  If so, how do I get a live person instead of automation?  There is no option for exchanges and when I say 'exhange' the automated system takes me to several options for activation, but nothing anywhere near what I need to do.  Please help.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Process for exchanging device.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

crucibelle help is here! Lets make sure the exchange process is crystal clear! ttipgem was right on track, but we'd first want to determine how the Droid Ultra was purchased. If the phone was ordered through our online site or Customer Service then you can call 800-922-0204 to have the Moto X ordered within the 14 days or visit any corporate Verizon store http://bit.ly/3SdsA to process the exchange. If the phone was purchased at a store or authorized dealer, then the phone will need to be returned through that location. There is an one time $35.00 Restock Fee since the Droid Ultra is unable to be sold as new.

AshleyS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

ttipgem
Master - Level 1

There's no "exchange".  The process is that you can return a newly purchased device within the 14 day return period.  You will have to pay the $35 restocking fee.  Then you can purchase a different device on your line if you wish.

You can do it over the phone.  When you call, select option 4 and say "agent".

Or you can go to a Verizon corporate store.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

crucibelle help is here! Lets make sure the exchange process is crystal clear! ttipgem was right on track, but we'd first want to determine how the Droid Ultra was purchased. If the phone was ordered through our online site or Customer Service then you can call 800-922-0204 to have the Moto X ordered within the 14 days or visit any corporate Verizon store http://bit.ly/3SdsA to process the exchange. If the phone was purchased at a store or authorized dealer, then the phone will need to be returned through that location. There is an one time $35.00 Restock Fee since the Droid Ultra is unable to be sold as new.

AshleyS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

crucibelle
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you to you both.  I did it over the phone.  There were a few complications because the phone I wanted to get is the moto x 'designed by you' and the agents had no way of processing that over the phone.  They just set me up for an upgrade and I was able to do it myself thru the site.  Everything is peachy now.  Smiley Happy

0 Likes