What should I do?
JAEMYUNGYANG13

Here's where I need help, I need to upgrade my phone because my phone is beginning have shorter battery life due to upgrades and wear of time but every time I click to upgrade my phone this pops up:

"The device associated with xxx.xxx.xxx doesnt match the device ID on your original monthly device payment agreement. In Order to complete an Early Device Upgrade, please activate your original device. If you choose to upgrade this line without activating the original device, you will have to pay off the existing balance of $543.00. If you have any questions, you can call 1.800.922.0204 for more information."

So another family member used my upgrade to upgrade his phone and something happened and it's not recognizing my phone to upgrade when it's clearly time to upgrade. I have used my family member's upgrade before to get a new upgrade when my phone broke, and we used each other's upgrade before to upgrade new phone. I also tried to transfer his upgrade to my phone but it's not allowing me because it doesn't recognize the device. What do I do in this situation?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: What should I do?
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

It no longer counts the upgrade date. The family member that used your line to get their phone will either have to give you the phone back so that you can activate it on your line and turn it in in order to get a new phone. The other option is to pay of the remaining balance of that phone, let the other person keep using it and then sign a new device payment plan agreement on YOUR line for the phone you want. It is not so easy to switch upgrades between lines anymore.