What to do?
TimGodsil

I am a brand new VZW customer and ordered a phone through Amazon.

In the meantime VZW dropped the price on a much better phone than what I got for free.

I took my phone into VZW to swap it to a different one, and they said since I got the phone from amazon, I would only be able to return through amazon.

Amazon does not have a "swap", you can only exchange and return, they told me it could take up to 4 weeks for the return to post, and that's 4 weeks without a phone service.

Would it be possible to add another line through VZW, then return the other phone/line to amazon, or would I incur a fee?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: What to do?
Not applicable

Amazon I believe has a stipulation that is in addition to Verizon's on length of service.

You could return the device at your expense via UPS overnight with tracking and it would not take all that time.

I would not set up another line of service since then you would negate getting a free phone. Plus the early termination fees.

I don't know if there is a restocking fee for the Amazon return, so there may be a fee.

You could borrow a device from a friend or relative and place that on your line in a temporary basis. Then if the return was processed by Amazon and Verizon still has a free phone you just swap the new free one for the other device.

I am hopeful that no problems would arise doing this, however you may be better off keeping the phone that is already on your account.

Good Luck

0 Likes
Not applicable
0 Likes
TimGodsil

Here is what I comprehend...

An early termination fee (ETF) may still be charged by your carrier unless you cancel service according to their respective policy: 14 days from the date your device is shipped for AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile, and Verizon.

The Instant Discount Policy will not be applied if you cancel your order and return the device(s) within our 30-day return period. You must return your device(s) to Amazon within the carrier's 14-day return period in order to avoid the carrier's Early Termination Fees (ETF).

So it looks as long as Amazon gets the phone back within 30 days, I won't be charged by them and I won't be charged by VZW if it's within 14 days.

I called amazon to confirm this.

So I would think once the old phone is returned I can call and have that line cancelled and switched back to the single plan.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Yes I believe one of the links say that. You would be calling Verizon.

Good Luck

0 Likes