When doing AOL does full contract transfer?
Mariah94
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi everybody. Can't seem to get a straight answer for this.

I'll be moving onto another account soon, but want to know if my full contract goes with it. Right now I'm on a More Everything 2 year (expires 2016) Plan with 6gb for $80 plan, when I leave the account I'm on there will only be one smart phone left, so they will want to downsize their gig plan. Will a more everything plan transfer? Will I be stuck paying $80 a month or can I lower my gigs? I will be moving to a 10gig plan with one other cellphone and a hotspot (2 phones and one hotspot total). Does my contract fall into their plan or will we be paying for two seperate plans? I am not due to upgrade until 7/10/16 but my boyfriend is due in March. I just want to make sure we won't be increasing the bill significantly, as we are looking to save money.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: When doing AOL does full contract transfer?
deloused
Master - Level 3

For the AOL process only the line(s) (phone numbers) that the new party agrees to take over will be under the new account. Other than that any other lines on the old account would remain the same. On both the old and new account any account owner or manager can feel free to change to any plan offered that works for ya, joining or changing plans, features. Etc.

Mariah94
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you for the reply. Does this mean when I move over to his account I join in with his plan? He is looking to upgrade to the edge program in March, how would that affect me?

0 Likes
deloused
Master - Level 3

Totally you can join his plan on his account as long as there is room as share everything plans can have up to 10 lines. Your last upgrade date from your phone number on your old account would dictate when you can edge or upgrade, generally 24 months or so depending on promos and stuff. The other factor would be the new account being in good financial status at the time of purchase.

0 Likes
Mariah94
Enthusiast - Level 2

So theoretically, if his plan was an edge plan, would I automatically enroll into it when I transfered over? Simply because we would save $50 a month according to the edge details with the amount of data we use.

Thanks. I'm just glad to move into his data plan regardless, instead of mine transferring.

0 Likes
deloused
Master - Level 3

There is where it can be a little confusing. Think of more everything as your plan, and there's a couple ways to buy new phones. One way is Edge, this is a payment plan to spread out the full cost of the phone and on many more everything plans each line on edge can get a monthly line price discount. This would occur line by line tho, so if he did Edge in March his line would get a new phone, and discount, and yours would stay the same until you get a new device.

Mariah94
Enthusiast - Level 2

That actually clarifies everything. So edge is not the actual plan but more of an add on. A bummer because we wouldn't get the additional discount until 2016 though.

0 Likes