When is RCS-UP being rolled out?
hydraulix

When is Verizon implementing network-wide RCS-UP?

It's downright embarrassing that it's not already in use. Sprint has it, Google Fi has it, US Cellular has it, Walmart's Straight Talk has it, for goodness sake. Many others, too. Why is Verizon rolling out so slowly? This is enough to make me consider switching carriers. 

The main way I communicate with friends is sending messages. And right now, group messages are terrible on Android devices using Verizon. Individual chats too, actually. 

When is the fix coming out? It's long overdue. 

0 Likes
Re: When is RCS-UP being rolled out?
jav6
Champion - Level 3

According to https://android.gadgethacks.com/news/always-updated-list-carriers-support-rcs-universal-profile-0191...:

"Currently, most Verizon phones support RCS messaging via their Verizon Messages (Message+) app, but this is not Universal Profile, so it only works with other Verizon devices. For enriched communication outside the Verizon network, the nation's largest carrier has only just started rolling out support for RCS Universal Profile. But there's a catch: RCS-UP is currently only available for the Pixel 3 and 3 XL on Verizon. Starting in the first quarter of 2019, Verizon plans to extend support for Universal Profile to all their Android-powered devices."

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We strive to always offer our valued customers the best services and features. I'll certainly pass your feedback about RCS-Up along to our management team for additional review. Your feedback helps us offer more features and functions in the future.

MariaV_VZW

0 Likes
Pooney44

This is very unfortunate that still today that we still do not have the RCS UP.  I like Verizon but they are slow to adopt and cut out features of phone far more that I originally realized.  I am tempted to look else where.  only RCS in their app or on Pixel and S9 so far and it is not UP....we have to do better this is depressing...

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@Pooney44

Whenever a new feature or update has  been announced, we always want to make sure it goes through the appropriate testing and review to ensure that as many customers as possible can access and enjoy using it without any issues. Sometimes, that will mean it can take a little longer for certain things to be released on a wider scale, so your patience is always appreciated. I'm sorry to hear that you feel depressed about not having RCS on more devices, but please check out this link for the latest info on what devices will be compatible with Advanced Messaging: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/advanced-messaging-faqs/

RussellM_VZW

0 Likes