Where Can I Complain About Verizon?
larrycohen28
Enthusiast - Level 2

Today I asked about putting my LG Watch Sport on Verizon's network.  I was told I can't, because the Verizon uses CDMA and my watch uses GSA.  While this may be the case, the customer service representative then proceeded to try to get me to purchase a compatible watch from Verizon.  I told him that the watch I have cost me $350, and if anything I would have to switch my phone to AT&T so that I could have the phone and watch both on GSA.  He then told me that the reason my watch wasn't compatible with Verizon's network was because Verizon only supports quality devices, and that my watch wasn't quality.  He said if I switched to AT&T I would experience the same problem with lack of quality with my phone service.

This person should be fired.  You should never tell a customer that an item they own isn't quality just because it's an incompatible technology.  His comments actually made my decision easy.  Once I can afford to get a new phone that is compatible with AT&T, I am switching to AT&T.  My reaction should be expected since the Verizon customer service person insulted my choice of watch.

I have had several different carriers through the years, and I have to say that there really isn't that much of a difference between them.  All seem to work adequately well, and I rarely have had a problem with getting a voice or data signal from any carrier.  Because Verizon cannot really make a claim that they are superior to any other carrier out there, it's time I start judging them by other measurements, and I think customer service is a fine measurement to go by.

Sorry and bye bye Verizon.

Labels (1)
Re: Where Can I Complain About Verizon?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Your existing Verizon phone might already be compatible with the AT&T network.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

larrycohen28
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have a Pixel XL, which can do CDMA or GSM, so I'm sure it will work with AT&T.  However, I believe I get some kind of deal from AT&T if I purchase a new phone from them.

Also, that is not my point.  I'd like to be able to officially register a complaint against the customer service person whom I spoke to, that said that my watch wasn't quality.  I don't know who to contact to register my complaint, except possibly a third party review site.  Not even sure if there is one of these for cell phone carriers.

Regards,

Larry [Removed]

Personal information removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator.

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

1-800-922-0204 or use the correspondence address listed under the Contact Us link at the top of the Verizon Wireless home page.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

kathy65793
Master - Level 1

I think if you were to go to T-mobile, AT&T or any of the phone carriers  forums you would find just as many complaints about customer service on them. I don't know what happen to being at least respectful to someone who calls a place of business for answers. It does not matter even if you call your local hardware store to see if they sell something or not. I can understand your frustration but just trying to give you a heads up that unfortunately I think those days are long gone.      

larrycohen28
Enthusiast - Level 2

Perhaps a forum is not the best place to register a complaint, since a forum is set up so that customers can help each other with questions, technical problems, or even just to commiserate.  What I'm looking for is a chain of command.  CSR Id# whatever was rude to me when I called in for support, and I want to complain to his direct supervisor.  I'd also be happy if I could fill out a survey after the call to express my dissatisfaction of this CSR.  I can complain about the service itself, or the phone that was sold to me, or whatever else I want to complain about, but there doesn't seem to be a straightforward way to complain about the poor customer service I received.

If you are saying that I should just accept this rudeness because that's just the way customer service representatives are these days, and that the days of politeness are long gone, then you are saying that it's okay for them to be rude.  I just want to know where I can complain to someone who will listen, then find out who this rude person is that I spoke to, and reprimand them.  If there is no way for me to do this, and no way for Verizon to officially apologize for this CSR's attitude, then my only recourse is to cancel my service and move to another carrier.

kathy65793
Master - Level 1

I am so sorry that I left you with that impression not to do anything about the rude and the attitude that you had to put up with from them. I am not condoning the way that some of their employees treat the customer and I would also get in touch with someone to report the way I was treated. This may be a good start to upper management

Leadership | About Verizon

Please let us know how you made out.

larrycohen28
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you for the contacts.  I sent a message to the person that seemed most appropriate for my complaint.

Mitch46
Enthusiast - Level 1

Verizon wireless  doesn't  have  one to complain to  cause  they  gave  me the run around.  Still not resolved 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Mitch46,

We're all here to assist and address your concerns, and are sorry to hear you were given the run around. Help is here. What concerns you? Please share details. 

KatiM_VZW

0 Likes