Where are opt-out instructions (super cookie)?
ellfeld
Enthusiast - Level 2

Has Verizon issued instructions yet for opting out of super cookie sending header info?  Its been about a month since Verizon Wireless said they would allow opting out.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Where are opt-out instructions (super cookie)?
Snn5
Legend
0 Likes
ellfeld
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm afraid that number is for opting out of relevant marketing and to end focused advertising.  The programs specified in the voice message at that number makes no mention of opting out of their attaching header information on to each web request.  We have always had the a ability to opt out of relevant marketing, but the super cookie that transmits user id info to web sites was only recently disclosed.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

I'd imagine that supercookie, as a term, is not used and header and user ID are terms most wouldn't understand.  I'd think that Verizon would put all of these opt-outs under a similar process.

0 Likes
ellfeld
Enthusiast - Level 2

OK, I'll go back in and opt-out of everything possible.  I remember that when this issue first arose there was a website that showed what, if any, header information was being transmitted by Verizon.  A few days after I opt out I'll check to see if anything is still being transmitted.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Verizon has said it will give customers and option to opt out. They have not yet implemented this feature yet.

ellfeld
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes, that was the basis of my question. A month later we are still awaiting info on how to opt-out. 

0 Likes
Not applicable

could be in a day could be 6 months. Verizon never said WHEN.