Re: Where do I file a complaint against Verizon
ramseybuster
Enthusiast - Level 2

Not here. File it iwith your State AG and go to the BBB.org and file a complaint

0 Likes
tracy2331
Enthusiast - Level 2

In response to the portion of your reply: "Verbal answers from the reps don't count." -- There is a LOT of this sort of thing with Verizon. Their sales reps bait and switch CONSTANTLY.  There are hundreds, if not THOUSANDS of instances where Verizon sales reps represent one thing verbally that is wholly contradicted by some clause buried inside the voluminous agreement documents. I speak particularly of the famous Verizon gift card bait & switch that they've been pulling for YEARS, promising gift cards to contract with the company that never materialize. It's unethical, dishonest, and illegal. And rampant. But they also are notorious for cancellation promises that are UNTRUE. How long will this be allowed to continue? I strongly encourage current and former Verizon customers to inform the FCC, FTC, their Attorneys General of their complaints. Time for someone to hold Verizon's feet to the fire. Their business practices are deceptive, bordering on fraudulent, and they should be held accountable.

Shame on you, Verizon.

sfsgm

In the state of Washington, you file a complaint with the Washington Utilities and Transportation Commission.  I have "threatened" a couple of telephone companies by simply telling this and magically my issue is resolved.  The phone companies d NOT like these complaints.  You may have a similar organization in your state.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Tracy2331, clearly something has not gone as smoothly as we would like and we are here to assist. Though our switch offers do require customers to register for the card for the specific promotion, with the rebate center, I know that these cards can be very valuable. You mention cancellation promises, are you able to provide details on what you are referring to? LorenB_VZW If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!! 

0 Likes
kf6olq
Enthusiast - Level 1

Californa, what the rep says does count. It is absolutely binding. Verizon has the responsibility to make sure their reps are properly trained. "The rep was not properly trained" is no excuse in most states.

kf6olq
Enthusiast - Level 1

Well, that's nice, but obviously you missed the paint. TRAIN YOUR REPS. Period.

0 Likes
Andy46
Enthusiast - Level 3

I am looking into legal options and filing complaints also, unless they fix what their employees did to me and my family today, to say nothing of canceling three accounts with them.  It would be easier if they just gave me the phone I bought instead, but that seems beyond their grasp at the moment.

0 Likes
noneofyourbusiness123
Enthusiast - Level 1

Let me answer a question with a question. Why would you want to waste your time filing a complaint against Verizon? Big Telecom owns the FCC. And the BBB might worry your local dry cleaner, but not Big Red or Big Blue or Big Purple. Ever since AT&T vs. Concepcion was decided by the conservative majority on the Supreme Court in 2011, arbitration clauses have immunized all communications companies from all forms of suit. Verizon could simply bill all of their customers for premium voicemail service they didn't order, promulgate a random ten dollar fee increase without notice and/or throttle your data in violation of your service contract. And your remedy is this: Each individual customer can fly out to the big city and stay there on their own dime to attend an arbitration. The best case scenario is that a paid arbitrator whose firm contracts with Verizon will determine that you were right. So Verizon will cut you a check for ten dollars without reimbursing your costs. Congratulations, you just lost $500 and twenty hours of your time. You could hurt telecom more by beating your forehead against the nearest cell phone tower.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Did the in store employee provide a reason as to why they could not assist you?

CheyenneS_VZW

0 Likes
mj1987

I also had an issue with a store representative who provided me the wrong information. I was told I would receive a healthcare discount and when  I got my bill, the bill has no discounts applied to the account. who can i reach out to in regard to this matter.

my email address is [email address removed per the Verizon Terms of Service]

0 Likes