Where is the closes cell phone tower for Skanee Michigan as I am getting no service?
LERN79
Enthusiast - Level 1

Trying to find out where the closes Cell Phone tower is to Skanee Michigan.  There is no cell phone service which seems odd for the year 2019.  Although the location is remote, emergencies do come up.  There are other remote locations in the US that cell phone service so wondering why I can't get service and where the closest tower is from my location. 

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Where is the closes cell phone tower for Skanee Michigan as I am getting no service?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

LERN79, I know it's vital you have the service you need and depend on in case of an emergency while in Skanee, Michigan. For proprietary and confidential reasons, we are unable to provide anyone with the exact location of a Verizon Wireless cell site. Although I can see there are no 4G towers in your city, the closest 4G tower is in Lanse, MI about 12 miles Southwest of your location. Even that tower is too far to obtain a reliable signal. You can view your existing coverage area at the link attached using our interactive map. https://www.verizonwireless.com/featured/better-matters/?map=3gcdma#maps

I can see a good portion of your area is surrounded by limited coverage or no service which makes your coverage area marginal at best. Coverage may not be available in this area, or it may vary day to day. In this area, you may have trouble making a phone call or using your service. To better assist and provide some options, what make and model phone do you have? Do you currently have home internet service at your location?

AlanS_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: Where is the closes cell phone tower for Skanee Michigan as I am getting no service?
boringusername
Master - Level 1

I've got family in the Baraga area and Verizon works just fine. Last time I knew there was tower in L'anse.

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I've had good luck with this site to locate a tower. AntennaSearch - Search for Cell Towers, Cell Reception, Hidden Antennas and more.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
LERN79
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yes, I do have internet service and can utilize Wifi on my cell phone when at home however, if we lose power, there is no service.  For safety reasons I was just checking to see where the closest tower was located.  Thank you

0 Likes
LERN79
Enthusiast - Level 1

This helped tremendously.  Thank you for sharing. 

0 Likes
LERN79
Enthusiast - Level 1

Also, if there is a tower owned by the state police, (within the area)  would Verizon pursue possibly attaching to that tower so that people in our remote location can receive cell phone service.  This area is populated with hunters, snowmobilers, campers etc during all seasons.  It is very wooded and unsafe for people in the year 2019 not to have access to cellular service for emergency reasons.  Thanks again.  

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The owner of the tower either the state police or another owner would have to grant permission to allow third parties to mount their equipment on that tower.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Many of cell towers have generators in the case of loss of utility power. The location and local regulations or codes will help determine if the owner of the tower will install a generator.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

LERN79, we understand the importance of staying connected, especially if you're without power in your home. However, we're unable to provide the exact location of the nearest tower. Ann154, is correct as the owner of a tower must permit us to use their tower. However, they also have to be eligible and complete the appropriate paperwork here: https://www.verizonwireless.com/biz/real-estate-inquiries/ I hope this information helps.

ChakiaH_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes