Which LTE Modem Is Best For Me?
JOHMUR6

I'm wondering which LTE modem would be best for me. I'm in a rural area but I have two bars of LTE on my phone. I was looking at the home phone/LTE modem but I didn't want to regret my purchase if there is a better option for me. Also, is that device included in the unlimited data plan with a $20 added line monthly fee? Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Which LTE Modem Is Best For Me?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to make sure that you have a great connection if you plan to purchase a LTE Modem to use through our network. We can not guarantee that you will notice any improvement from a modem compared to the signal you are receiving on your mobile device. Have you tried to use mobile hotspot to share data to other devices? You may also benefit from our Home Fusion / Cantenna service as this has more power to draw a better signal to your area. Here is a link with more information about it: https://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/lte-internet-installed/

JoshuaT_VZW Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Re: Which LTE Modem Is Best For Me?
Rpglennj

I live in a rural area with about a 2 bar signal on 4G.  Speedtest saw me between 2mbps and 55mbps . Just bought the LTE Internet and Home Phone MiFi black in October for our home internet usage to broadcast signal as WIFI.  It does decently, able to play HD video without too much hiccup.  When in the city, we were using 50-100 GB/month.  Have had to up the plan to now 80 GB per month and still paying about what with Time Warner phone/net/cable, having cut cable TV.  Was even looking at 100 GB until the rollout of the Unlimited Plan, but that no longer exists.  So Verizon, with their "Unlimited" (really only 22 GB plan before they throttle you), screws anyone in our situation over.  This effectively rules out LTE as a viable home data source so I don't know how the cantenna or even the LTE Home Internet and Phone tower will be a solution, if that 22 GB applies to those devices.

0 Likes