Which phone goes to which box? Multiple devices' trade-in
WalthamDad

Hi,

For my family's 5 lines trade-in, I ordered trade-in kits and some of them arrived. But I cannot find any information in or on the boxes (that shows which box is for which device). No Submission ID, No IMEI number. Order number is there, but it is identical to all 5.

Do you specify each box for each phone? Or I can use any of the 5 boxes?

I did chat. They told me that each box has its specific device designation. I asked elaboration,  then they changed words. I was confused. 

0 Likes
Re: Which phone goes to which box? Multiple devices' trade-in
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to make sure you have all this information for your Trade-Ins.  A private message is being sent now to assist you further.-Sean

0 Likes
Rxd

I am having the same issue.  Three phones.  Three boxes.  Though one of the boxes has a different label so was  to narrow down to having two boxes now. Not sure why there was a different label though.  Any help on this would be awesome.  
Thanks,

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Rxd,

Making sure everything gets back where it needs to is a big deal. We don't want you to have any problems. Generally trade-ins don't need to be in a specific box if they're all going to the same place. It is always a good idea to save the tracking numbers for your records but we'll check them in by the device IDs on those phones once we get them. What is different about that third label?

-Andrew

0 Likes
tlscales

I am having the same issue - we are trading in four phones, have so far received three trade-in boxes.  The order number on one of the trade-in box packing slips matches one of the trade-in orders, but the other two don't.  I assume the one with the matching number goes with that phone?  Does it matter which box the other phones go in, and if so, how do I tell which one goes in which box?  Not sure if this is significant, but the order number that matches is for the only trade-in of the four that I had problems processing, and which an agent assisted with.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you so much for upgrading your lines and trading in your devices. We never want you to have trouble sending in your devices. We don't recommend that you send out more than one device per return kit. Do you have access to the submission ID for the trade-ins? If so, you can check the status of the shipping kit or re-order a new one on this link.  https://www.verizon.com/od/trade-in/checkStatus#/  With the order information provided for the trade-ins it can help you determine which kit belongs to what phone. How does that sound?  ~Roger

0 Likes
adotham

Thanks Andrew for finally responding that it doesn't matter which label goes on which box or phone you are sending in for trade in because they are all going to the same place and are identified by the imei number. Why are you the only one at verizon who knows this or is willing to share it with the rest of us?

0 Likes