Who can help?? Should I just cancel my wireless account?
JOSGAB11

So I've had my tablet for 4 days now, I ordered it online. When I turned it on it said that I didn't have data. When I ordered it online I added it to my current plan. I called customer support, however they were closed so I was routed to tech support who could not help. They took down my tablet information and said they will add notes so telesales will be able to help me when they open and that by making notes it should expedite the process. The next day I called the customer support line and was on hold for 38 minutes. They picked up and asked for the reason for my call, they connected me to telesales I was on hold again for 18 minutes. They asked me for the reason for my call, I explained that I needed to activate my tablet. They asked for my tablet info, I told her that their tech support put notes on my account that has all the information she was asking for. Then she says yes let me read the notes (are you kidding me). Then she said that they could not verify the tablet based on the information and that they would have to connect me to tech support. I thought tech support said they could not activate it but she connected me anyway. When I got connected they asked me AGAIN for the reason for my call. Seriously there is obviously a disconnect between the departments. I don't know why I had to explain my situation to each agent when the connecting agent can explain it the next agent before putting me through or read the [Removed] notes on the account. I was at work and did not have the tablet on me so he could not complete the process. So I called them back when I got home and of course tech support now says they can't activate it and that I will have to call back when they are open. I am beyond annoyed! Does anyone know what they're doing at Verizon. [Removed] I just need an activation and it seems like I might need an act of God or congress to get it done. First the run around then the agents asking me the same questions the previous agents asked me. Will I ever get my tablet activated. If I call telesales tomorrow and they connect me to tech support, I will be[Removed] ! Maybe I should unlock my tablet and take it to a carrier that knows what they're doing.

inappropriate content and profanity removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Who can help?? Should I just cancel my wireless account?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Which tablet model? When you view your MyVerizon account online does it list the tablet as an active line? Have you tried the activation process online? Have you considered visiting a store to get the device activated?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
JOSGAB11

. I really do not like going to a Verizon store. Been there and it's quite unwelcoming. However my tablet is not listed on my account and self activation efforts have failed.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Is the SIM card installed in the tablet already, or just included in the box?  If there is no SIM card, you will need to call Customer Service and have one sent to you, or you can go to a store and have them install it and activate the tablet (the SIM card is free at corporate stores).

0 Likes
JOSGAB11

Yes. The SIM is installed.

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

Though you may feel like you are repeating yourself would you rather tell them or have them sit there in silence sifting through notes that may be inaccurate or incomplete? In the end, the not is only as good as the person entering it.

Seems the fastest way to solve the issue is to have a face to face conversation with someone in a store. They can dedicate a little more time than a rep on the phone who is given a score on the length of the call and how many calls they handle in a shift.

0 Likes
TamaraH_VZW
Verizon Employee

I am so sorry to see it has been a hassle to get the tablet up and running. Most activations run rather smoothly so when it does not, we are concerned.

If you are still having an issue with the activation, please respond to my direct message so I can do my very best to help.

TamaraH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes