Why Am I Getting Such Bad Signal Strength?
LOIPAR26
Enthusiast - Level 2

We have have been with Verizon for many years and have had a workable signal until the past two weeks. Now we can't answer or make a call without being cut off.  The bars fluctuate between none and 2. We can't keep Verizon if this isn't fixed. Please help.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Bad Signal
LOIPAR26
Enthusiast - Level 2

Found what I needed under Advanced Calling settings.

Thank you

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Which phone model do you have? What is the actual dBm strength of the signal?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
LOIPAR26
Enthusiast - Level 2

Samsung S5. 0 to 2 bars

0 Likes
LOIPAR26
Enthusiast - Level 2

Samsung S5. 1 to 2 bars.

0 Likes
LOIPAR26
Enthusiast - Level 2

Found what I needed under Advanced Calling settings.

Thank you

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The number of bars means absolutely nothing. I have seen my connection to a tower 11 miles away from me and have two bars and have a better dBm signal than another tower less than two miles away and causes regular flips between one and two bars.

LTE Discovery - Android Apps on Google Play

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
LOIPAR26
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Loripar26, thanks for reaching out to us and our goal is for you to have the best service possible. I apologize for this inconvenience you are experiencing and let's work together on getting this resolved. When did this issue start? Is this happening indoors or outdoors? Please provide me with the zip code where this issue is happening?

GersonG_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
JENEWI3
Enthusiast - Level 2

Soooo??????  What is the solution!!??  Advanced calling????  Where do i go????  More help, please!'??  I am getting very angry with this garbage....... 3 devices and 3 mo later, and counting.   I might as well have a landline for as usable as this mess is. But now i cant afford to switch, bc i have no money!!

Thanks, VERizon!! for nothing!

RuBud

Where do you find Advanced Call Settings?

0 Likes