Why Am I Having Unreliable Service In North Idaho?
PATSIL74

I live in North Idaho. I was recently told that our unreliable Verizon internet and phone service is because the company lost a tower 6 months ago and that Verizon had no plans to replace it.

our phone and internet service has become frustrating due to slow connection or speed. It doesn't matter we have "unlimited" service which seems to be limited. The service is disappointing and the company constantly advertising how reliable Verizon service is, makes me feel betrayed. I was told the company lost a tower in our area it has no plans on replacing and money to maintain our area is being diverted to other geographic locations with more population.  If this is how Verizon is servicing long term clients, I am disappointed and willing to cons other company offers. Especially since some are willing to buy out contracts and use your current phone.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Why Am I Having Unreliable Service In North Idaho?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Patsil74, I depend on my service too. We would never want to lose you as a customer. Let's get this figured out. What is your zip code? Is this issue happening indoors or outdoors? Who advised of a tower being removed? 

AlbertoR_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
PATSIL74

Our zip code is 83860. We were told the tower came down in a storm. We are locked into a 2 year contract with a mifi and it is incredibly slow internet service on the 3G. We drive 11 miles to town and had we known that the mifi was going to be like this, we wouldn't have gotten it. I'm sitting in Kalispell MT on business which is not close to any other big city, they have better cellular coverage here for wifi. My husband's phone cuts out when I try to call him while he is at home, even when he stands outside. Verizon used to be the bomb, and we were proud to be on their service. Now, I feel like the company is leaving us in the area to rot.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

PATSIL74, we would never want any of our customers to feel this way. Having reliable coverage that you can count on is exactly what we're here to offer. We understand that this hasn't been your experience as of late so we really want to help turn things around. Do you know anyone else in the 83860 area that is experiencing similar issues? We've reviewed the area and there are no reported outages at this moment. Can you tell us what kind of speeds you're receiving on the MiFi device? You can run a speed test at http://bit.ly/2mkahtz to see the results. We'd like to know both the upload and download speeds if you don't mind sharing. Do you notice that your phone cuts out like your husbands when you're at home? How's your call & messaging experience?

SamanthaT_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Patsil74, having dependable service is a must. Is this issue only at the home location?  What model device does your husband have? What speeds are you getting at home? Go to www.speedtest.net/ to run a test.

AlbertoR_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
PATSIL74

I'm at home, trying to download your speed test app. I should have done it in town.

T Kurtz

0 Likes
PATSIL74

What is the point of paying for wifi on a mifi if I can't use it where I need it?

T Kurtz

0 Likes
PATSIL74

Ping is 57ms, download is .57mbps, and upload is .41 Mbps.

0 Likes
Gcsimmonsjr

Service is terrible in 83815 and 83814. It’s been this way now for 3+ years.

Up the road 2 miles in Hayden, no issues.

0 Likes
KH-Michael
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes