Re: Why Can't I Finish Switching My Devices?
kristy714
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am not swapping between two active devices, as shown in the video. I am activating a previously used device.

0 Likes
kristy714
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes!!! Finally, someone actually read what I wrote! Thank you, AWAKENEDVC!!! You are exactly right. I want Verizon and our fellow customers to stop offering alternative solutions and for Verizon to fix the problem.

To everyone else...I have already used an alternative...a workaround. But that's all it is...a workaround. The issue with the website functionality needs to be acknowledged and addressed.

rcschnoor
Legend

This is really just semantics. I find the website as an "alternative...a workaround". I find the easiest and fastest method as a solution, not an "alternative...a workaround".

I switch phones every couple of weeks. I would NEVER consider going to the website when I can switch SIM cards in about 30 seconds. For phones with a different size SIM card, I would go to the website or call in to CS. For all other phone switches utilizing the same size SIM card, whether they are brand new phones or previously used devices, I simply switch the SIM cards.

mflandshark
Contributor - Level 3

After a while (sometimes 90 days this was the case for me) if you don't activate a phone the sim card will "die" meaning it wont connect to the network anymore I've had to have a few of them replaced which isn't a big deal because they are free at the store but its still pretty annoying.

After the sims were replaced the phones connected just fine.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

I wouldn't know as I have 3-4 phones I switch between on a semi-regular basis and the only thing I do to make that switch is move the SIM card from 1 device to another. I only use 1 SIM card. I have other SIM cards which came with the various phones and they are all still sitting in the little cardboard protector they came in.

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

rcschnoor wrote:

I wouldn't know as I have 3-4 phones I switch between on a semi-regular basis and the only thing I do to make that switch is move the SIM card from 1 device to another. I only use 1 SIM card. I have other SIM cards which came with the various phones and they are all still sitting in the little cardboard protector they came in.

HaHaHa! You and I both know the collection of SIM cards we have amassed over the years.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

kmariebaezp1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thank you! you saved my life

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh
Moderator Emeritus
Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.
0 Likes