Re: Why Do The Employee's At Verizion Lie To You ??
grayrider
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks..twist .that was a lot of information I did not have. Thaks very much !!

ery good information for all consumers !

twist
Enthusiast - Level 2

You're very welcome. May I also point out, as I'm certain you'll notice once you view the "CoC", he addresses "INTEGRITY", and how important it is. He quotes somthing similar to, "A great company is not built on what it's people SAY, but rather what they DO.". That, in itself, speaks volumes.

Hang in there!! Even most prisoners "get to the end of their time" sooner or later; as well, we'll be rid of VW!!!! I'm proud to say, "I'll have learned a very important lesson, once I reach my date.".

Ha! Not much more to be done, but laugh!

Take it easy...

0 Likes
nlitend
Contributor - Level 1

Whining on an online forum will make -100% difference.  And inflated sales or not, hes laughing all the way to the bank and doesn't know you exist.  Also its good that it was edited because without factual basis that's slander, not good for you if they find out.  This entire rant is very naive.  And for the record you are paying an upgrade fee period, any carrier, any upgrade from now on, deal.  Also haha i love the whole tattle tale post a few up, and the "permanent record" lolol.  Take it from someone who used to work for a cell carrier, once you are off the phone you don't exist anymore.  They hear the same naive hissy fits many times a day and none stand out beyond the rest after a week or two.  Also good luck on the extensions and employee numbers lol by law and also policy they are not required to provide it.  Just remember first names and times, any call can be looked up that way.  But then you are still at the mercy of what the rep left for notes.  And chances are if you are rude or negative to the rep they will watch their backs.

0 Likes
twist
Enthusiast - Level 2

I completely agree with what this reader has said, concerning discussions, or "whining" as they so articulately put it, on forums; as I agree that does little to aide in an issue. My advise was given as a, possible, alternative. I've never posted, before this morning, yet I've read past remarks, on different threads, suggesting "class-act law suits", and other kah-kah. Obviously that's a scare tactic some use, in hopes of stirring the s%*! with VW.

Anyone elses opinion on MY given advise is exactly what they are entitled to have. What's worked for me, in the past, stands firm; and would not work for some, who may not have the drive, patients, or gumption, to want "fairness" to come their way.

I have also worked in a wireless call center, and those customers who bypassed the constant

calling, and complaining, who took the matter out of the hands of some who are either misinformed, under trained, or just whatever, got particular points across, and issues resolved. Best of luck to you. Lol!

0 Likes
SoloMedic

Just thought I'd share my tl;dr story.

I've recently went in to FINALLY upgrade my Droid 1 after 3 years.  I decided upon an HTC Incredible 4.  I went and got the bundle with it, because I had the extra cash.  But at first I was just like "I want it free with a 2 year plan, no bundle."  Lady there was saying how I should get the bundle because the charger that comes with it is newer, and my older car/wall chargers, even though will fit from my Droid 1, "it won't charge as well, because the 4G pulls more power."  I looked at my mother, and was thinking "Cut me a break."  A phone charger is a freaking phone charger, y'know what I mean?  I knew she was grabbing at straws for a sale.  Like I said, I gave it to her, because it gave a percentage sale to 3 other accessories of my choice, and I had extra cash.

Then when we went to check out, we told her I wanted to keep my unlimited data plan (after some debate on cost between my mother and me).  Because I'm going to be an interstate  commercial driver, and I'm going to need the GPS, and having GPS on a lot can kill your data count.  The sales lady did not tell us anything about how Verizon axed the unlimited plans now if you upgrade your phone.  She said "Well since there's a bit of a confusion, the past few months you haven't gone over 2GBs, so we'll put you on that and test your usage (and so on), and come back and you can upgrade to unlimited if need be."  I'm still not on the road yet, but I figured "What's it hurt?"  she did NOT state they no longer support Unlimited Data for upgrades.

Then it took like 30 minutes to an hour to transfer my data from the Droid 1 to the Incredible (after I had dumped the bulk of my private photos and music onto my computer before I left my house), and to do all the concluding procedures.  She also started hammering us on that Home Connect phone thing for more sales.  My mom was getting all convinced, and I'm like "I need a brochure on this."  So we got one.  There had to be a catch for a mere $20/month.  Lady said there was no rental fee... But I wanted to make sure.  Pretty much the final thing from this lady was, she gave me staged, looks because I declined insurance between $100-300.  I says to her in a matter-of-fact, but stern voice, "You've seen my old phone there?  Aside from a few nicks in the finish, and one tiny scratch on the screen, I've taken a lot of care of that phone.  I do not think I will need insurance."  She kept reminding me how it's a $500 phone and that, and I'm like "I'll be fine.  I didn't put insurance on my Droid 1."  She finally gave up, but just kept giving me dumb shrugs and that before I left.  I was really offended.  The entire time she pretty much suckered my mother into it, and even though I was telling her about a bunch of things I knew, the sales lady kept treating me like I was a child, and knew NOTHING about technology.

>Edited an offending word out of the post to comply with VZW ToS<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You could have kept the unlimited data plan if you were willing to purchase the phone at the full retail price ($500+). This change was put in place in late June 2012. A little research on your part would have prepared you for what your options are.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
SoloMedic

Yeah, even if I had known, I'm not paying $500 for a phone.  Maybe you savvy kids with 5 iPhones and a silver-spoon fed paid job can. 

"Research" or not, it's something Verizon should tell you upfront, not something you have to dig for. (in b4 you give me some obscure link where Verizon has it in small print)  Maybe you think I'm entirely wrong just because I didn't research one measly detail.  <Comment deleted per the ToS.>  Sales lady still lied to me, and it relates to the topic.  <Comment deleted per the ToS.>

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
nocigar
Enthusiast - Level 2

Im sorry yours is such a unique experience.  I have been lied to more than 50 times by verizon in person, via text, chat, email telephone.  They are all liars.

say - do you work for verizon....

0 Likes
nocigar
Enthusiast - Level 2

I think the store, manager and name of every verizon employee who lies should be published and updated daily.  Put that in you pipe and smoke it.

0 Likes
kh-taylarie
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes