Why Verizon charges so much?
KD61
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am so sick of the high Verizon rates, fees and taxes. I have defended Verizon for years for their quality being worth the extra cost. But now, I am over it. I have one year left on my contract and I am making plans to end my relationship with Verizon. I am tired of hearing and seeing others including friends & family paying so much less than me. I have one phone, I shared data with my tablet, and I am paying $120 plus a month! There is NO reason for me being charged that much. I loved Verizon for years, but they don't love their customers.

Labels (1)
Re: Why Verizon charges so much?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Which plan are you on? Perhaps you have an older plan and a newer plan would be more cost effective.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
KD61
Enthusiast - Level 2

No, I am on the right plan, Verizon just has the nerve to charge people a $40.00 Smartphone fee. It's like Comcast charging their $10.00 technology fee. It's [Removed]. Just charge me for my plan, don't punish me for evolving.

profanity removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

pherson
Champion - Level 1

Well you have to pay to play. Neither myself or Ann154​ are employed by Verizon but have knowledge of the game. So, which plan are you on?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You CHOOSE to purchase a new phone at the subsidized two year contract price. By doing so, you CHOOSE to be charged the line access fee for contracted lines. Verizon has to recoup the cost of the phone somehow. You could have chosen to purchase the phone under the device payment agreement and had a lower line access fee. You probably would have saved money over the two year cost of ownership of that phone.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
KD61
Enthusiast - Level 2

You are right, I did choose for the subsidized 2 year plan. However, before that, I had another smart phone that I was paying for using the device payment plan and I was still being charged the $40.00 access fee. I am not bashing Verizon, I am just tired of seeing every other cell company charge people less than Verizon. I have had Verizon, for about 9 out 11 years. I am just planning to take my business elsewhere when my contract is up.

pherson
Champion - Level 1

Make sure the service works in places you frequent.

Best wishes.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

KD61 wrote:

You are right, I did choose for the subsidized 2 year plan. However, before that, I had another smart phone that I was paying for using the device payment plan and I was still being charged the $40.00 access fee. I am not bashing Verizon, I am just tired of seeing every other cell company charge people less than Verizon. I have had Verizon, for about 9 out 11 years. I am just planning to take my business elsewhere when my contract is up.

You had said earlier that you were on the "right plan". Well the "right plan" you are on charges $40 for a line access fee. When you are on this "right plan" your line access fee will ALWAYS be $40/month. When you are on a device payment plan, you will receive a discount off your line access fee which will show up in a different portion of your bill but your line access fee will STILL be $40/month. The discount results in a NET amount which is either $15 or $25 depending on your monthly data allowance.

The Verizon Plan, which Ann154 was referring to, will show a $20 line access fee unless you are under a 2 yr service contract. As long as you stay on the plan you currently have, your line access fee will remain at $40/month. You say you want to just be "charged for your plan" and that is exactly what Verizon is doing as the $40 line access fee IS a plan charge for the More Everything Plan.

KD61
Enthusiast - Level 2

What I said was, I just want to be charged for my plan, I am on the medium 4g plan which cost me $50.00 a month, the $40 access fee is just a fee for the right to use my $50.00 a month plan on their lines.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The Verizon Plans and the older More Everything Plans has two parts to the plan. The account level charges (data allowance) for all the lines on the account and line access charges for each line on the account which is the $40 fee for your contract line. Both are valid charges. If you only have one line on your account, you could consider switching the single line plan which bundles the account and line charges into one cost.

0 Likes