Why am I dropping calls and only get 3G?
local101

I switched to Verizon because my previous provider stopped covering my area. Now I'm having problems with Verizon dropping calls and not having internet at home. Any idea why the service has gotten worse?

galaxy s3

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Why am I dropping calls and only get 3G?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello local101,

Help is just a posting away! Let's investigate your service together. May I ask are you having the issue indoors, outdoors, or both? Also, what software version do you have on the Galaxy S 3? Can I assume that there isn't any physical or liquid damage on your device? As you share the details then we can customize a solution for you.

Thank you...

ArnettH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
local101

Having trouble inside and out. Really can't do much at all inside and limited access outside. We have two s3's both show no updates available running android 4.3. No damage to either phones.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@local101,

Thanks for the additional details! I show you're in an extended area and may see the service fluctuate between 3G and 4G. Verizon Wireless radio frequency (RF) engineers and system performance engineers regularly evaluate network coverage and performance to identify locations that may require additional coverage. Based on their analyses and recommendations cell site construction or other improvements are then planned and budgeted accordingly.

Try removing the sim card for a minute or two. Insert and retest. This should help refresh the connection.

JohnB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes