Why am I getting high middle of night data charges on all 3 phones
calendar1

For the last year we having been getting middle night data charges on all 3 phones. They are all on wi-fi. The charges add up to a good 5gb a month.

Thus making us increase our plan and  we still go over sometimes!

I've called Verizon many times with no luck.  At this point I'm ready to switch to a new carrier.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Why am I getting high middle of night  data charges on all 3 phones
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Phone models? Do you have the wifi radio set to not sleep while in standby mode? Cellular data connection turned off?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Re: Why am I getting high middle of night data charges on all 3 phones
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

calendar1-

This is certainly not the experience we want for you, and we'd be heart broken to see you go. Data reports are typically anywhere between 2-3 hours behind, so the times you see on your bill are not always accurate. 

How often are you not connected to WIFI? What types of things do you do on your device when WIFI is turned off?

If any of the devices on your account are iPhones I recommend turning off WIFI Assist. This is an Apple feature and it will switch your phone to data automatically if it determines your WIFI signal is weak. This can cause unwanted data usage. http://apple.co/2pMVQ2A

EricaC_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes