Why am I not receiving text messages?
Alewinsk

Hi - I have an iPhone 6+ and only in the past 3 days or so I have not been able to receive text messages. I am able to send them out, but I have not received any in return. I've looked throughout all forums and discussions and have tried multiple things:

- Restarted my phone

- Went into settings and turned 'cellular' to 'data only'

- Turned off cellular - restarted my phone - turned cellular 'data only' back on.

All these have not fixed the issue. Suggestions?

Phone: iPhone 6+

When did this issue start - roughly 3 days ago

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: iPhone 6+ not receiving Text Messages
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Alewinsk,

Thank you so much for your patience. I truly apologize we have not been able to get back to you yet. We can always be reached for immediate assistance at 1-800-922-0204.

How long exactly has this been occurring for? You mentioned in your original post that you're unable to receive any texts at all. Are you currently receiving and sending all other messages? Thank you.

TrevorC_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupportrt

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Alewinsk,

Thanks for giving us a headstart with all of those details. We'd be happy to lend a hand in finding resolution to your text messaging troubles.

Does anyone else in the Austin area seem to be having troubles in the past 3 days as well? Has anything new been added to your device?

TrevorC_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Alewinsk

Thanks for the response TrevorC.

My fiancee has a iPhone 6 on the same plan & she is not having any issues with text messaging. I upgraded software awhile back from the auto update so that might be it.

This is actually getting quite annoying if I am unable to text. Are there any solutions?

Thank you.

0 Likes
Alewinsk

@trevorC_VZW

Trevor - I do appreciate your immediate response showing concern over my issue. What I am a bit more concerned about is that it's been 5+ days with no further response, clarification, or help to address this situation.

Update on more information - I can text other individuals, but I cannot receive texts from my fiancee (on my same plan).

Please advise.

Thank you.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Alewinsk,

Thank you so much for your patience. I truly apologize we have not been able to get back to you yet. We can always be reached for immediate assistance at 1-800-922-0204.

How long exactly has this been occurring for? You mentioned in your original post that you're unable to receive any texts at all. Are you currently receiving and sending all other messages? Thank you.

TrevorC_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupportrt

0 Likes
Alewinsk

Thank you for the reply -

- it has been going on for probably 2 weeks or so.

- I am able to receive texts from others (friends, family, People not on our calling plan)

- I am not able to receive texts from my fiancee (she is on the same plan as me, she has a iPhone 6 and I have a 6+)

- I recently updated the software. She is unable to update the software due to the size of it & her available memory.

- We continue to try the various documented 'fixes' such as toggling the cellular feature or turning it to data only, but no luck.

Please advise.

Thank you!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Alewinsk,

Thanks for the additional details and insight. Let's keep working to find a solution today.

Has anyone else notified your wife of not receiving her messages? We'll definitely want to ensure that her software is updated to eliminate that suspect. Is she able to delete some information or back up to iTunes/iCloud?

TrevorC_VZW

VZWllow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
dlmb

this has been happening all weekend

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

dlmb, making sure you are able to receive all of your important text messages is vital. Allow us the opportunity to further investigate the details of your concern. Can you please let us know if your other services are impacted (sending text, incoming/outgoing calls, data)? Are you having trouble receiving all of your text messages or just from certain individuals? Also, may we have your nearest intersection and City so we can accurately pinpoint your location?

SylviaT_VZW

0 Likes