Why am I now experiencing a weak 5G and LTE signal?
matlockd

I live in The Colony/Frisco (DFW) area and I have been an extremely happy customer with Verizon for many years. Recently, however, I find myself disappointed with their service. The signal (in my home) is usually 5G with multiple bars but the signal often drops to LTE and 2 bars or less. Connectivity becomes very spotty. When I travel 1 mile north, my service on the main highway is LTE and I always lose internet connectivity. Checking the coverage map the whole DFW area is supposed to be 5G.

I upgraded to the Galaxy S21 about a year ago and now with the recent signal issues find the whole experience frustrating.

Does anyone else experience this sporadic signal changes/loss?

0 Likes
Re: Why am I now experiencing a weak 5G and LTE signal?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are happy to have you and want to ensure you get the service you deserve, matlockd. When did this begin? How has our service historically performed in your area?  -Lorenzo

0 Likes
matlockd

Hi Lorenzo,

When did this begin? The issue started sometime within the last 6 months. I thought it was an anomaly when it first happened and didn't really pay much attention to the actual date.

How has our service historically performed in your area? Prior to about 6 months ago I never had any issues with 5G connectivity and/or connection with the internet. Service was exceptional.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Got it. Please meet us in a private message so that we may help look into this in closer detail. *Estevan

0 Likes
matlockd

I met a friend for drinks a couple nights ago and when I scanned the QR code to get the menu (around 6:30 PM), I was unable to connect to the internet. I had to use my friend's phone, who has a different provider. No issues. Around 10 PM I received a text so I thought I would try the QR code again and suddenly I was able to access the menu and internet. It's very sporadic. The waitress noticed and said that Verizon users often have issues whereas other patrons with other providers don't.

How do I contact you privately?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you. You should see an option that says Private Note. You can select that to end us a Private Message.*Estevan

0 Likes