Why are we still getting so many connection issues and bad audio quality these days?
dhinged
Contributor - Level 1

I've been on Verizon for years, keep reading how the next new improvement to the phone call technology will improve voice quality and connection, yet I'm still dealing with the same reception issues and crappy voice quality I've had for almost the last 10 years over multiple carriers.

My phone says I'm on HD Voice now, the Verizon store reps say I am too, my account does, and voice quality doesn't sound "crystal clear", it sounds just as muffled and mushy and echo-ey and have as many weird audio anomalies (random static and clicks and clacks etc) as it ever did, even landlines in the 80's and 90's sounded better. I still get dropped calls fairly often, even if the problem is the other person no matter which carrier they're on including Verizon; these issues have remained consistent throughout the last decade.

I'm paying top-dollar for a Verizon connection, and I know it only gets worse with other carriers. I thought this was 2017, where carriers were supposed to have figured out how to do wireless calling with good voice quality, not 2010 or 2005 where wireless was hokey.

What is going on? Is there so much wireless going on that carriers just can't perform like they should, or are they cheapening out so much that they get sub-par performance in a shiny package, or is my entire state and the areas of other states I travel just impossible to pass a good signal through. Really discouraged; we have private companies landing rockets and sending space probes into Earth orbit, and we can't get a good consistent connection and quality audio on our cell phones.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Why are we still getting so many connection issues and bad audio quality these days?
Treenorth1999

I had the same issue with my Iphone 6 plus.  Customer service told me it sounded this way when the person on the other line did not have the HD Voice. This was total [Removed]. It happened to every person I spoke to. On top of that I had to speak on speaker phone to everyone!

The sent out a replacement phone that was "refurbished" and had battery issues. Turns out according to the Apple Genius bar it was never even refurbished. They sent me a phone that had been charged 399 times!  I'm now trying to decide if I A. just pay off our devices and move on to another carrier ( we have offers constantly to do this) or just suck it up.

I feel like we pay way to much to deal with [Removed] cell service, dishonest customer service and bad devices.

My friends who have At and t have occasional issues but not to this extent.

inappropriate content removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
Re: Why are we still getting so many connection issues and bad audio quality these days?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Having a reliable connection with clear audio is a must, dhinged. That is most concerning that it happens over multiple carriers in your area. Let’s take a closer look into these issues. Does this only happen at a specific location? What zip code? Do any other Verizon users have the same issues?

JosephE_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
THOBYE89

What do I do about the static it doesn't matter where I am at the people I am talking to can't hear me

0 Likes
THOBYE89

Help

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It's concerning to hear that you are experiencing issues with service, THOBYE89. What ZIP Code are you located in?

HarleyE_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
dhinged
Contributor - Level 1

I'm in zip code 84117 and am having constant call reception and quality issues in my home and in the area.

The other person on my account in this area just left Verizon for another carrier partly due to this issue.

I'm potentially losing job opportunities because of it, and cannot get the 3G extender to work even after hours of going through instructions, talking to Verizon tech support, and going through forums.

Can someone there tell me what I should expect of call quality at my zip code? Once my phone is paid off I am likely to join another carrier as the problems with Verizon have gotten worse over the years and months and they don't seem very concerned about improving much.

0 Likes